No announcement yet.

2018 HOF Ballot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks JJ for pretty much annihilating onejay's argument but I look forward to his response.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      Koufax ERA+, best to worst, full seasons
      190 186 160 159 143 122 101 093

Robinson OPS+, best to worst, full seasons
      154 152 149 139 137 135 117 112

Koufax ERA+ rank, top 10s, full seasons
      1 1 2 3 4 5

Robinson OPS+ rank, top 10s, full seasons
      2 3 4 8 9

Koufax Wins Above Replacement, top 10s
      1 2 4 8

Robinson Wins Above Replacement, top 10s
      1 1 2 2 8 10

the latter category reflects the fact that Robinson was an everyday player, often at second base (ranking in the top 5 defensively there 5 times). Koufax, of course, was one of the worst hitters of all time (.097 AVG)

huh, after review, if someone stuck to their guns that Koufax is clearly in purely for playing skill while Robinson clearly is not deserving on that front alone - I would almost think someone was being set in their ways from decades ago, unwilling to take a fresh look at the evidence

that is one heck of a tightrope to walk in placing the "in/out" peak line right in between them, when it's debatable which one even has the better peak case

either both are borderline as players - or neither one is
      I rest my case. That is exactly what I was saying. Koufax has an edge, but not much.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        I rest my case. That is exactly what I was saying. Koufax has an edge, but not much.

J
        So again, why are we ignoring the historical impact?? The rules for first ballot are only on the field?? Where are these secret rules documented?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          So again, why are we ignoring the historical impact?? The rules for first ballot are only on the field?? Where are these secret rules documented?
          We are not. we are separating historical impact from the more mundane.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
          X