X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryon Healy Traded to Seattle

For Alexander Campos & Emilio Pagan.

Hot stove season has begun!

Does this increase or decrease his fantasy value for next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Does this increase or decrease his fantasy value for next year?
      Likely increases his value...he's already been assured that he'll be the starter at 1st. Better hitters park as well...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Better hitters park as well...
        I believe Oakland was a better hitters park than Safeco last year actually

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I believe Oakland was a better hitters park than Safeco last year actually
          Massive Foul territory in Oak doesn't come into play?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Massive Foul territory in Oak doesn't come into play?
            It definitely does come in to play, so to your point it likely affects different hitters differently. But Safeco was not a hitters park last year, near the bottom in all the park factor categories, where as Oakland was mid to upper tier.

Comment

It definitely does come in to play, so to your point it likely affects different hitters differently. But Safeco was not a hitters park last year, near the bottom in all the park factor categories, where as Oakland was mid to upper tier.
              Not being a huge park effects guy, why would the park change ranking from year to year, if the dimensions stay the same?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Not being a huge park effects guy, why would the park change ranking from year to year, if the dimensions stay the same?
                Weather has an effect. Field crew changes (intentional and unintentional). Other construction/structures in the area can change wind patterns (although you'd think that would be minor). I know Texas brought in engineering firms on multiple occasions to address the wind tunnel effect they used to have.

Then there's the unintended (i.e. false) effects - random variance, changes in the specific personnel being measured and their comfort levels and tendencies (although they try to net this out they can't net out that certain players hit better at certain parks than the park effects deem that they should).

Comment

Weather has an effect. Field crew changes (intentional and unintentional). Other construction/structures in the area can change wind patterns (although you'd think that would be minor). I know Texas brought in engineering firms on multiple occasions to address the wind tunnel effect they used to have.

Then there's the unintended (i.e. false) effects - random variance, changes in the specific personnel being measured and their comfort levels and tendencies (although they try to net this out they can't net out that certain players hit better at certain parks than the park effects deem that they should).
                  Alright, interesting...didn't San Diego have a situation where a large building was built in the vicinity of Petco, changing the wind patterns?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Alright, interesting...didn't San Diego have a situation where a large building was built in the vicinity of Petco, changing the wind patterns?
                    Not familiar with that one but sounds reasonable

Comment

Working...
                    X