Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Reds sign Ben Revere to a 1yr deal
    Clearly, they want a no bat speedy centerfielder if they trade Hamilton mid-season, lol.

Comment

• Blue Jays sign Seung Hwan-Oh to a 1yr deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        He'll probably platoon with Grossman, who's a switch hitter and an excellent source of OBP...if Sano is ready for the start of the season, that leaves Escobar as only a utility infielder. Biggest loser is Vargas...
        if the biggest loser is Vargas, then it's a big win for the Twins.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Blue Jays sign Seung Hwan-Oh to a 1yr deal.
          ... pending a physical (which is why his deal with Texas feel through); assuming he doesn't have spaghetti for ligaments, I like this for the Jays; he would be a good addition to the 7th-8th inning crew setting up Osuna (primarily Ryan Tepera & Danny Barnes)

edit: he passed (for whatever that's worth) ... and is now officially a Blue Jay
          Last edited by TranaGreg; 02-26-2018, 01:28 PM.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            if the biggest loser is Vargas, then it's a big win for the Twins.
            LOL...much truth in that. He could hit 'em 500 feet...when he hit 'em, which wasn't often.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Ezekiel Carrera DFA'd by the Jays

Comment

• Indians sign Mike Napoli to a minor league deal

Comment

• Danny Valencia to the Orioles, Adam Lind to the Yanks on 1 yr deals

Comment

• Lance Lynn to the Twins for 1 yr, $12m

Comment

• Jonathon Lucroy to the A's for 1 year, $6.5 million.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jorge Bonifacio suspended 80 games for PEDs. Presumably Soler becomes full time.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Like the Lynn signing for the Twins...he's another year removed from TJ surgery, and he's one of those guys who for whatever reason seems to be able to outpitch his peripherals. They now have a nice selection of #3 starters, LOL. Hopefully, Berrios steps up to become a #2, but there's still no true ace. Ervin isn't that guy either...but in that division, that should be enough to be in the wild card hunt, and fill the seats in Target Field.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Like the Lynn signing for the Twins...he's another year removed from TJ surgery, and he's one of those guys who for whatever reason seems to be able to outpitch his peripherals. They now have a nice selection of #3 starters, LOL. Hopefully, Berrios steps up to become a #2, but there's still no true ace. Ervin isn't that guy either...but in that division, that should be enough to be in the wild card hunt, and fill the seats in Target Field.
                            Agreed. Logical signing for them. And good spot for Lynn; big park, bad opponents in division--good things for a pillow contract.

Comment

• Tommy Joseph DFA'd

Comment

• In addition to the Altuve extension (5-yrs, $151 million thru 2024):

Reds sign Eugenio Suarez to a 7-year, $66 million extension with a $15 million club option (or $2 mil buyout) for 2025.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X