• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    It only takes 1.
    And I'm just the guy for the job...

Comment

Sleeper and the bust over at FG was suggesting that if you want to pick him up, in most leagues where he was available due to the rules, you'd likely need to pay at LEAST 80% of your FAAB. If your league allows $0 bids they were saying it might take 100% of your FAAB.

I tend to agree.
      I wasn't far off on my 75% suggestion. I wonder if that gets it done?

Comment

Price continues to rise...someone is going to do something silly like bid 90 and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          Price continues to rise...someone is going to do something silly like bid 90 and hope for the best.
          Honestly that doesn’t sound that silly to me.

Comment

Honestly that doesn’t sound that silly to me.
            I won't argue with that. I don't play in any leagues where he is eligible and wasn't kept or drafted really early. But hey, in my main league, I just saved my pitching by trading Stanton for Scherzer. Fortunately, I might have someone to plug into that OF slot.

Comment

Ended up going $72 and got him. Found out someone else went $71, so nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                Ended up going $72 and got him. Found out someone else went $71, so nailed it.
                He is off to great start and he is a special talent. I'm sure his start this past week drove up this price. Curious to see what he will do the rest of the season. I would think something like around 15 HR, 20-25 SB and a BA around .275.

Comment

well.. i bid $38 (i have a total of $150 to spend for the year).. missed him.

he went for $45
                  I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    He is off to great start and he is a special talent. I'm sure his start this past week drove up this price. Curious to see what he will do the rest of the season. I would think something like around 15 HR, 20-25 SB and a BA around .275.
                    I generally do not bid that much on guys in FAAB, but my team was struggling a bit out of the gate, so I figured let me just go for it and I'll deal with the rest later. Worst comes to worst, he should make for a nice dump piece in a no salary cap league if things don't improve.

Comment

Originally posted by [echo] View Post
                      well.. i bid $38 (i have a total of $150 to spend for the year).. missed him.
                      Cheapskate! The system should have rejected that bid!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                        Cheapskate! The system should have rejected that bid!
                        I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die.

Comment

Working...
                        X