2k11 Ed Volquez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k11 Ed Volquez

Ace my @$$. This guy cant throw strikes anymore. Cant get past the fifth inning and cant keep the other team from scoring. Other than that, I love him!!!!!
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

I feel your pain. I am still holding out a little hope for him. He's given up 14 runs in the first inning so far this year. His 2-5 innings have been excellent and gets tired in the 6th. Today was his worst 2nd inning so far. But damn, he needs to stop walking so many hitters.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Huge news, got out of the first inning today without giving up a run!!

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Its the haircut
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Damn, shaved off the dreds. He's now giving up the runs in the second inning; one so far. Great.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Now that is a nice start. Let's hope he can continue this and get on a roll.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Willis has been scratched and is headed to St Louis to meet up with the team. I imagine Volquez is getting bumped.

Comment

Damn, looks like I traded him just in time.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Back on the shuttle to Louisville. This time he wont be alone as Janish is going with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Back on the shuttle to Louisville. This time he wont be alone as Janish is going with him.
                    You were so happy with getting a $5 Volquez back in trade from me. However, it's not as if I can crow, given my lofty place in the RJEL standings--but I am grateful to have Cueto $14 instead of him.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Have never understood the bromance with this guy, more than 2 years since he was relevant.

Even my league's stalker of him cut him today, finally.

Make your peace, and move on...
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Two years ago the Hamilton/Volquez trade looked good for both teams. Now it looks like the Reds got screwed. At least someone in my league wanted him more than I did this year.

Comment

You must have felt the pain. Let's hope he can continue this and get on a roll.

Comment

Working...
                          X