Help on this trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on this trade

I think I tend to over value my players in terms of keeper value so I need a little reality check. It's a 13 team NL only, 5x5 (normal cats with K/IP), we use 10 pitchers so it's pretty deep.

I trade Cory Luebke $2A, Evan Meek $1B (with Miguel Batista $0) and Randal Delgado $5M

for

Zack Greinke $25A and Mitchell Boggs $3F

I offered Luebke and Delgado for Greinke and he countered adding Meek and Boggs. I think Boggs is useless at this point and I think Meek has a very good chance of being the closer either in the second half (if Hanrahan gets traded - who I own) or next year.

I know I'm getting the best player in the deal but I think I'm giving up too much.

My starters currently are:

Lincecum
    Ubaldo
    Wandy
    Volquez
    McDonald

I'm a little weak in wins and another starter would be nice. Nine extra wins would get me 9 points. I know 9 wins is a lot but an extra starter would get that for me over the course of the season. Or maybe I can be patient and Ubaldo will start to win some games and Volquez could settle down (he's showing signs of it).

What do you think?
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

I cant see Hanrahan being traded if he keeps pitching this well. You shouldnt need to make this deal as your staff will be fine. Look to add a bat.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I cant see Hanrahan being traded if he keeps pitching this well. You shouldnt need to make this deal as your staff will be fine. Look to add a bat.
      Thanks.

So if you don't think Hanrahan will be traded someone like Meek is expendable, right? He's nice insurance in case Hanrahan gets traded but what you are saying is Meek won't be the closer for them cause Hanrahan will still be there.

My hitting is actually better than my pitching though there are some clear holes.

I have...
      C - Hanigan
      C - Doumit
      1B - Pearce (yuck)
      2B - K Johnson
      SS - Tulo
      3B - Hairston (Freese on the DL)
      MI - Uribe
      CI - Polanco
      OF - Braun
      OF - Pence
      OF - Torres
      OF - Soriano
      OF - Bonifacio
      UT - Paul (yuck)

My full pitching is...

Lincecum
      Ubaldo
      Wandy
      Volquez
      McDonald
      Luebke
      Marshall
      Batista (Meek)
      Bell
      Hanrahan

This team is currently in first but there are two teams right behind me and dump trades are pretty extreme.

One of the reasons I'm looking to add a starter is that we also have a 3 Year Championship and this is the last year and I'm in the hunt for it and in those standings I'm short on wins.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Hanrahan has been nails. Meek has been bad and injured. He hasnt shown he can close and the Pirates have control over Hanrahan for a few years. I dont know the salary situation but I would be mildly surprised but not shocked to see Hanrahan traded.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Yeah, I'd do that deal. I don't think you are giving up much to get a premier arm in Greinke. I do like Randall Delgado long term, but he's a ways off.

Comment

Grienke should be 100% healed, it's just a question of building arm strength. I like this deal for you. Meek pitched the 8th last year but that doesn't mean he's automatically locked in as next in line forever. The Pirates' pen is very unsettled. Yes, they will consider dealing Hanny for a ton of prospects at the deadline, but that offer may not be out there, and even though they say it doesn't matter, if they're close to .500 in July they're going to go after it.

Comment

I'm gonna see if I can get a modest offensive upgrade since I don't see Boggs as a useful player. Do you guys agree that he's not gonna get any saves anymore? Vogelsong is surprising still a free agent, I'm thinking if I swing this deal I'd pick him up. JC, I know you don't really care for him from his Pirates days but is that a good idea? Or would you just keep Boggs?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

What do you guys think of Dillon Gee? I might be able to get him instead of Boggs. Thoughts?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

If you're going for it now, i'd do the deal. Greinke should help this year in your wins and Luebke won't until the end of this season or next. Not a fan of Boggs, either and Meek as has been noted, is injured this season and doesn't provide anything but speculative value. So for me the deal is luebke at 2 and delgado for Grinke, which i'd do for this year--I do see Leubke as a solid #3 starter, but grienke has proven ace like--though the $23 you save could go to get another greinke type next season.

I also like Gee better than Boggs --HTH.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can get Gee instead of Boggs.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Now the f*cker just told me the deal is off and sounds like he traded Greinke to another owner. He just offered me Daniel Hudson for Luebke, Hudson is currently not on his team so that's how I figured he traded Greinke. I'm pretty pissed right now and I need to not let that effect a trade as I really don't want to do ANY deal with him.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        Dude, take Hudson in return for Luebke in a freakin' heartbeat. That's also a very, very nice deal for you.

Sounds like you can really take advantage of this dude's apparent boner for Luebke.
                        Yeah, I hear ya. I just really wanted Greinke and spent like a week going back and forth with him and I thought we were close and now this.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Done deal.

FYI the deal he made was Greinke $25A and Boggs $1F for Leake $3A, Hudson $18A and Jarrod Parker $5M.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            Done deal.

FYI the deal he made was Greinke $25A and Boggs $1F for Leake $3A, Hudson $18A and Jarrod Parker $5M.
                            So now you can go and get Greinke from the new owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              So now you can go and get Greinke from the new owner.
                              No, he's right behind me in the standings. We are both going for it. There are 3.5 points that separate three teams at the moment. I'm half a point out of first and he's a few points behind me. There is a team that has Cain and Billingsley at expensive prices at the bottom of the standings. So if need another starter he's my next destination.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X