No announcement yet.

2017-18 MLB Off-Season Manager, Coach & GM Carousel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that the Mets are offering their manager job to Indians pitching coach Mickey Callaway.
    The two sides are expected to finalize a three-year contract Sunday and officially announce it Monday.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Astros bench coach Alex Cora has been offered and is expected to take the job as the next Red Sox manager, according to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports.
      Heyman says Cora will accept the job as soon as the Astros are eliminated from the postseason, possibly as soon as Saturday night. Cora was the hot name on the managerial market this winter, drawing interest from four clubs with vacancies (Red Sox, Tigers, Phillies and Mets) in recent weeks.
      There are reports that it is official but obviously the Astros season has not ended yet.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
        Another manager that got his team in the playoffs gone - it is rough being a winner anymore.
        really, aside from LA & Houston does any team have justification for keeping their manager? ...

Girardi out as Yankees manager after 10 years

Girardi, 53, guided the Yankees to a 910-710 record over 10 seasons as manager, including a World Series championship in 2009. His 910 regular-season wins rank sixth in franchise history, trailing Joe McCarthy (1,460), Joe Torre (1,173), Casey Stengel (1,149), Miller Huggins (1,067) and Ralph Houk (944).

During Girardi's tenure, the Yankees reached the postseason six times, including three American League East titles (2009, '11-12) and three Wild Card berths (2010, '15, '17).
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

hmmmm ... Girardi to the Red Sox, Farell to the Yanks???
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that the Nationals have chosen Cubs bench coach Dave Martinez to be their new manager.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that Dodgers Director of Player Development Gabe Kapler is expected to be named the next manager of the Phillies despite having no managerial experience.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that Dodgers Director of Player Development Gabe Kapler is expected to be named the next manager of the Phillies despite having no managerial experience.
                Great Hire!

Signed,
                Epstein’s Mother

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Great Hire!

Signed,
                  Epstein’s Mother
                  up your nose with a rubber hose!
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Yanks choice reportedly down to Hensley Meulens or Aaron Boone. My money's on Bam Bam.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Yanks choice reportedly down to Hensley Meulens or Aaron Boone. My money's on Bam Bam.
                      Good th8ng I didn’t bet — it’s Boone.

Comment

Aaron F. Boone
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                        X