AL Keepers for 2018 -- Not Excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Keepers for 2018 -- Not Excited

Will finish in the money in our AL only 5x5 league (12 teams), but not in the Yoohoo. The cost, however, will likely be a rebuild. Would appreciate your thoughts on keepers. We keep a max of 7. And it's not pretty!

Robinson Cano $38
    Jean Segura $36
    Melky Cabrera $17
    Lorenzo Cain $36
    Matt Joyce $5
    Mike Trout $53
    Chris Sale $36
    Edwin Diaz $12 / option year -- love him but can I really extend a closer?
    Mike Clevinger $10
    Mychal Givens $1
    Yusmeiro Petit $10
    Shane Greene $10
    Mike Minor $10

Only locks for me are Chris Sale and Edwin Diaz. Joyce looks pretty good at that price. Beyond that, anyone is possible (Givens, Cabrera, Segura, Greene? Clevinger perhaps?) but not very attractive. How would you play it? Thanks!

Is Trout for $53 a definite no?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Is Trout for $53 a definite no?
      He could be a keeper. I feel that keeping him at $53 leads to stats and scrubs. And you need keepers to deal so you can backfill and replace scrubs. But he would be a great trade chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        Will finish in the money in our AL only 5x5 league (12 teams), but not in the Yoohoo. The cost, however, will likely be a rebuild. Would appreciate your thoughts on keepers. We keep a max of 7. And it's not pretty!

Robinson Cano $38
        Jean Segura $36
        Melky Cabrera $17
        Lorenzo Cain $36
        Matt Joyce $5
        Mike Trout $53
        Chris Sale $36
        Edwin Diaz $12 / option year -- love him but can I really extend a closer?
        Mike Clevinger $10
        Mychal Givens $1
        Yusmeiro Petit $10
        Shane Greene $10
        Mike Minor $10

Only locks for me are Chris Sale and Edwin Diaz. Joyce looks pretty good at that price. Beyond that, anyone is possible (Givens, Cabrera, Segura, Greene? Clevinger perhaps?) but not very attractive. How would you play it? Thanks!
        I would definitely keep Trout...no way you'd get him for anywhere near that price in an AL only.

Greene.
        Joyce.
        Sale.
        Diaz.
        Givens.
        Segura.

Lots of money spent, but it gives you some options...Best hitter in baseball, and maybe the top pitcher in the AL isn't a bad way to start.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I think Segura you'll get back at or less than $36. I have him for $36 in my 10 team AL only and he's definitely gonna swim in the draft pool. I also have Trout for $53, and I'm undecided about him. Incidentally, that was the highest price ever paid in our league for a player. I was the guy that bid $52 (traded for him mid season).
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
            I think Segura you'll get back at or less than $36. I have him for $36 in my 10 team AL only and he's definitely gonna swim in the draft pool. I also have Trout for $53, and I'm undecided about him. Incidentally, that was the highest price ever paid in our league for a player. I was the guy that bid $52 (traded for him mid season).
            That's sorta where I come out on this. Trout was probably highest price ever, but he's probably worth it to lock us the production. Segura is excellent too, but I doubt he goes $40.

Comment

I am easily keeping Trout, Sale, and Diaz (no extension) and a $5 Joyce. Good start to a competitive team or good for rebuilding.

Comment

Working...
              X