NL-only keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-only keepers

I can keep up to 18 of these. I'd like to figure out who I'm not likely to keep so I can make a couple late pickups if I see guys I'd rather take flyers on.

10-team NL-only 5x5 using AVG. Assume everyone is going into year 2 unless otherwise specified. Minors contracts don't count against the auction dollars or salary cap and can be kept until the player loses rookie eligibility.

Guys I'm pretty sure about
    Austin Barnes 5 (stupid two-catcher only leagues)
    Freeman 33
    Happ 8/yr 1
    Addison Russell 8
    Cozart 4/option
    David Peralta 10
    Schebler 5
    Tatis Jr 5/minors
    Godley 14
    Knebel 10
    Syndergaard 15/expiring

SIGH
    Conforto 10/option
    Kang 9/expiring
    Jimmy Nelson 10

Questions
    Jesus Aguilar 5
    Phillip Ervin 5
    Pirela 7
    Spangenberg 10
    Carson Kelly 5/minors
    Ryan McMahon 5/minors
    Brendan Rodgers 10/minors
    Meadows 10/minors

Capps 5
    Familia 15/expiring
    Foltynewicz 4
    Kuhl 5 (2nd half: 3.18 ERA, 9 K/9, but high WHIP and only 5.5 IP/start)
    Tyler Lyons 5
    Nova 9/option
    Yadier Alvarez 5/minors
    Flaherty 5/minors
    Fried 5/minors
    Gohara 5/minors
    Luke Weaver 12/yr 1
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

No question that you keep the obvious guys in an only league, all good players, all good prices.

I think that you have to keep Nelson and Conforto...Kang, just drop, he's not worth it at this point, IMO. Nelson WILL have surgery next week, which I consider a good thing, so you'll have a good idea before ST.

Under your questionable players: Pirela, McMahon, Rodgers, Meadows, Folty, Lyons, Alvarez, Gohara, and Weaver. I liked Nova a bunch, but he apparently looked in the mirror one day and re-discovered that he's actually Ivan Nova, mediocre pitcher. Familia might bring something back, but who knows what's going to happen with the Mets with Ramos and a new manager?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I like your "pretty sure" list. Might think twice about Addison Russell, given the emergence of Happ and Baez. I would add Rogers to that list, too, given how your minors rules work.

Would keep Conforto and probably Nelson too. Weaver potentially. Beyond that, I would definitely consider Gohara, Folty, McMahon (I'm less high on McMahon than most, I think).

Good luck! Inspired me to post mine as well.

Comment

Working...
      X