No announcement yet.

2K19: Shohei Ohtani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I own him til 2022. What is his long term contract worth at this point?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      I own him til 2022. What is his long term contract worth at this point?

J
      Whatever the market will bear. Someone will overpay you for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Whatever the market will bear. Someone will overpay you for him.
        I would think in some leagues he would be on someone's reserve team - he is on 2 teams in my Al only league - 1 as a Pitcher - 1 as a hitter.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
          I would think in some leagues he would be on someone's reserve team - he is on 2 teams in my Al only league - 1 as a Pitcher - 1 as a hitter.
          I imagine in keeper leagues he is owned in most of them.

When I said overpay I was thinking about what one could get via trade rather than salary.

Comment

I imagine in keeper leagues he is owned in most of them.

When I said overpay I was thinking about what one could get via trade rather than salary.
            I drafted him in Ironfist's sim league last year... I've gotta carry him as a blank for another year while he acquires stats that will run in the sim in 2019.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
              That's me. Literally the last player taken out of over 450. Five year contract that is almost free for the first three. Similar situation with Robles, but only 4 years. Rebuilding sucks, but times like this are some compensation and the 2013, 2016 flags fly forever.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

RW reports that the current posting agreement between MLB and Japan, which recently expired, will be grandfathered in to remain in effect w respect to Otani. This was because Otani's team, the Nippon Ham Fighters, did not like one of the proposed new posting systems. So this evidently was done to facilitate them posting him this off-season as was expected.

Comment

I keep seeing the Cubs as a potential Otani landing spot. I really do not understand this. The Cubs can only go to $300k per year with some teams able to go to $10M.

How or what it the loophole that would make anyone in Chicago think they have a shot at this guy?

Comment

I keep seeing the Cubs as a potential Otani landing spot. I really do not understand this. The Cubs can only go to $300k per year with some teams able to go to $10M.

How or what it the loophole that would make anyone in Chicago think they have a shot at this guy?
                    Actually the Rangers have the highest availability at just over 3.5 million with the Yankees a few hundred thousand behind them.

The concept is that Otani isn't focusing on the money part of it or he would have just waited 2 more years when he could have signed a contract for $200 million, instead of being restricted based on the international signings rules.

Based on that logic, any team is in the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Actually the Rangers have the highest availability at just over 3.5 million with the Yankees a few hundred thousand behind them.

The concept is that Otani isn't focusing on the money part of it or he would have just waited 2 more years when he could have signed a contract for $200 million, instead of being restricted based on the international signings rules.

Based on that logic, any team is in the race.
                      This is why I posted my question:

By coming to MLB now, the max amount of money Otani will be able to get is $10.1 million, according to Yahoo Sports. If Otani were to wait until he was 25 to make the jump, he would be treated as a true free agent. But because he is so young, his salary will be capped.

Due to this rule, basically every team in the league is restricted from outbidding other teams, so it will be a rare case where money won't be the sole factor in a free agent signing with a team.

However, whatever team Otani picks will be able to offer Otani a signing bonus.

The Texas Rangers can offer the biggest bonus at $3.535 million, followed by the Yankees ($3.25 million) and Twins $3.245, according to the Associated Press.

Comment

This is why I posted my question:

By coming to MLB now, the max amount of money Otani will be able to get is $10.1 million, according to Yahoo Sports. If Otani were to wait until he was 25 to make the jump, he would be treated as a true free agent. But because he is so young, his salary will be capped.

Due to this rule, basically every team in the league is restricted from outbidding other teams, so it will be a rare case where money won't be the sole factor in a free agent signing with a team.

However, whatever team Otani picks will be able to offer Otani a signing bonus.

The Texas Rangers can offer the biggest bonus at $3.535 million, followed by the Yankees ($3.25 million) and Twins $3.245, according to the Associated Press.
                        We regularly see the likes of jd.martinez switching to the devil agency, the agency of greed, the agency of me first so I find it quite refreshing to see a player coming from another part of the world, not entirely because of money, but more because of competition.

Otani, I salute you.

Comment

It's official. According to RW and many other sources, Otani will be posted this off-season.

Comment

While I am guessing that our league will probably not allow Otani to be a hitter and pitcher as the same roto player, we will end up doing whatever CBS sportsline will allow us to do with him.

If you were forced to choose between Otani the pitcher or Otani the hitter, which one has the better roto value? His value as a hitter will surely depend on which league / team he ends up with.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                              While I am guessing that our league will probably not allow Otani to be a hitter and pitcher as the same roto player, we will end up doing whatever CBS sportsline will allow us to do with him.

If you were forced to choose between Otani the pitcher or Otani the hitter, which one has the better roto value? His value as a hitter will surely depend on which league / team he ends up with.
                              Presently on cbs, you can move a player to any position (1b, ss, pitcher, catcher). My guess is cbs is going to have a single "otani" and the owner in said league shall place him where ever he deems most valuable.

Comment

I don't see why you can't move him from P to UT/DH/OF (whatever the position may be) the same way you would someone who qualifies for 2B and SS.
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X