Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Olson

17 hr in 149 ab.

Who is this dude? Whoever he is, thanks!!
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 09-10-2017, 09:16 PM.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Matt Olson

Is there no thread yet about Matt Olson? Craig Calcaterra at NBC/HBT had a short blog post comparing his this year to Gary Sanchez's (much lauded) last year. Olson just hit another HR today (#23) so these are out of date already:

Sanchez 2016: 53 games, .299/.376/.657, 20 HR, 168 OPS+
    Olson 2017: 54 games, .267/.360/.663, 22 HR 168 OPS+

Pretty impressive! What are expectations going to be for next year?

Comment

Dude has been a godsend!! No idea about next year as this year is too much fun.....
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Didn't even realize how good

Comment

I picked him up for $1 in my 15-team keeper, and I'm still in first thanks to him, so he's basically saved my bacon and become a great keeper.

Comment

this run that he's on right now is something else - 5 straight games with a HR, 8 HR in his last 10 games; in the last 9 games he has exactly 1 hit that wasn't a HR.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Where was this thread when I could have picked him up?

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

And another one's gone!!!

Comment

The A's have a nice thing going with the Matt & Matt corner infielders. Nobody saw this coming from Olson, but I maintain Chapman is the better Matt next year

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    The A's have a nice thing going with the Matt & Matt corner infielders. Nobody saw this coming from Olson, but I maintain Chapman is the better Matt next year
                    Matt Chapman I did get.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                    X