Another CBS issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another CBS issue

A problem that I've noticed on CBS this year. It doesnt know how to indicate the result of an AB until 30-60 secs or so after the AB is finished. E.g., it indicates that the 3rd out of an inning was recorded but doesnt indicate in the pitcher's stats that they got the 3rd out or whether it was a K or not until 30-60 secs later. Also, they'll update the score if run(s) were scored or update the men-on-base situation if the batter gets on base, moves up a base or is erased from a base but wont indicate in the pitcher's line exactly what happened to the run(s) or men-on-base situations until 30-60 secs later. Seems like these would be relatively simple problems to fix but it's been like this most of the year.

Yes and they struggle with instant replay challenges -- big time.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
      A problem that I've noticed on CBS this year. It doesnt know how to indicate the result of an AB until 30-60 secs or so after the AB is finished. E.g., it indicates that the 3rd out of an inning was recorded but doesnt indicate in the pitcher's stats that they got the 3rd out or whether it was a K or not until 30-60 secs later. Also, they'll update the score if run(s) were scored or update the men-on-base situation if the batter gets on base, moves up a base or is erased from a base but wont indicate in the pitcher's line exactly what happened to the run(s) or men-on-base situations until 30-60 secs later. Seems like these would be relatively simple problems to fix but it's been like this most of the year.
      You do realize that CBS live scoring is a manual process? Some jamoke is sitting at a desk and is tasked with entering live scoring results for like 4 or 5 different games, so that's probably why there's a time delay.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        You do realize that CBS live scoring is a manual process? Some jamoke is sitting at a desk and is tasked with entering live scoring results for like 4 or 5 different games, so that's probably why there's a time delay.
        Sorry if I wasnt clear. In their live scoring, they have 2 items: the score and baserunner(s) situation and the stats for the player. The problem is that the former item gets updated but the latter doesnt until 30-60 secs later or longer. So they put the play into their system but only half gets updated rt away so you have to wait for the other half to be updated. This problem didnt appear until sometime early this year. It's not the biggest problem but very annoying and it's puzzling why they have gone so long w/o fixing this seemingly simple problem.

Comment

My chat function hasn't worked since mid season. I messaged cbs but haven't received a response. Kind of annoying because I use it to see who is watching.

Comment

Working...
          X