Late season AL trade eval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late season AL trade eval

I'm currently in 3rd in my AL only, but effectively there's 6 of us in contention with between 68 and 63 points. I've got a trade on the table where I:

give: Trenien $5 A, Phillips $(not keepable)
    and get: Paxton $19 A, Trumbo $19 B, Quintana $(not keepable)

The guy I'm trading with is in 2nd, and he stands to gain points in saves, runs, and SBs if he can get enough.
    I stand to potentially gain points in HR, R, RBI, AVG, W, S.

I have Treinen, Osuna, and Doolittle as closers, and would need to get 5-7 more saves than teams with Belisle/Betances and Colome to gain points in saves.

I think for this year alone, I'm better off not trading this guy Phillips and Treinen, who could help him get into 1st. But it's also possible I'll get 3rd either way, and I really like the idea of a $19 Paxton keeper (and I'm really not sold on Treinen as a long-term closer. by long term I mean beyond Sunday...).

What do you think I should do? Quintana/Pax would replace someone like Parker Bridwell or Jharel Cotton in my lineup. Trumbo would replace Phillips. I could also add Pujols, or Yolmer Sanchez instead of Trumbo.

Oh and to further complicate matters, the team currently in first place is... my spouse. So maybe trading with the enemy isn't wise?
    Last edited by SlideRule; 09-08-2017, 04:18 PM.

Great deal for you...do it and do it now. Paxton can be frustrating to own, but when he's healthy, there are few better.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yeah would do it in a second if it were a month ago. With only 3 weeks left I'm not sure I'd get much more than a couple/3 starts out of the pitchers, and giving the other guy saves and Phillips probably means I can't hope to overtake him for 2nd. Hmmmm

Comment

I'm not so sure that anyone is going to get much in the way of saves from Treinen the rest of the way, he looks to be pretty well spent. And having a (relatively speaking) #1 starter going into next season looks pretty good to me. Trumbo at 19 isn't terrible for an Only either...

The way I look at it is 2nd place is best loser. Unless you've got a fair amount of cash at stake, 2nd, 3rd, what's the diff?
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Did the trade. With Rodon out for the season getting the replacement SPs was important. Now we'll see if I just handed the second place team a victory, or if I can sneak ahead of him.

Also will be curious if Trenien ends up as a solid closer this year and 2018... and if Paxton can stay healthy over the next 2 yrs.

Comment

Working...
          X