Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signgate 2017

This could get interesting:

According to Michael Schmidt of the New York Times, the Red Sox have been caught stealing catcher signs from the Yankees and other opponents using an Apple Watch.
    Schmidt says the inquiry from Major League Baseball investigators began two weeks ago when Yankees general manager Brian Cashman filed a complaint that included video footage of a member of the Red Sox training staff looking at his Apple Watch in the dugout and then relaying messages to players on the field. It is unclear at this time what kind of penalties the Red Sox might be facing. Schmidt notes that the Red Sox have filed a counter-complaint against the Yankees claiming that the team uses a camera from the YES Network to steal signs during games. This is a developing story, with much more to come.
    (Source: New York Times via Rotoworld)
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Here's the article:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/0...ww.google.com/

"Stealing signs is believed to be most effective when there is a runner on second base who can watch what hand signals the catcher is using to communicate with the pitcher and then relay to the batter any clues about what type of pitch may be coming. Such tactics are allowed as long as long as teams do not use any methods beyond their eyes. Binoculars and electronic devices are prohibited to communicate about signs."
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Also:

The commissioner addressed MLB's ongoing look into the complaint filed by the Yankees and what factors would be considered in determining punishment.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
      X