• Show
Clear All

• Rank these players ROS

Carlos Gomez
    Starling Marte
    Randall Grichuk
    Miguel Cabrera
    Chris Davis

I have the depth to be able to cut one of these guys and still have a starter and back up at every position heading into my playoffs. I want to do this to pick up a back up catcher, the only position I don't have a back up for, before our rosters lock.

It feels weird to drop any of these guys, especially the big name guys, for a back up catcher like Manny Pina, but I think it is the smart play for me in my situation. I don't have to worry about anyone else picking up and being helped by anyone on the list but Grichuk, because we have a rule that expiring contracts dropped in the final week cannot be picked up (this allows for non-play off teams to drop these players to pick up speculative keepers without any play off team benefiting from that).
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 08-17-2017, 10:30 PM.

Grichuk. Piscotty will be back up soon, as will Diaz. Both will cut into his PT.

Comment

I'd cut Davis...he's a lost cause this season.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I'd cut Davis...he's a lost cause this season.
        I'd cut Davis as well. .221/.316/.426 is nothing special. Curtis Granderson and Matt Joyce have similar numbers and are available in free agency in my mixed leagues.

He's even worse in "non fantasy" terms - he has $115 million left on his contract. Ouch!

Comment

Yeah, I was leaning Davis, just because Grichuk is only $3 and while the ST Louis OF is crowded and a big question mark, he does have the talent to end up a keeper, maybe, if he hits well enough to get ABs. The article someone linked to on Fangraphs showing all the times Davis let a called 3rd strike go by made me think he does not even have confidence in his own ability to hit at this point. That or is eye has gone to hell, and either way, it doesn't bode well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            eye has gone to hell.
            In order to have "gone to hell", something has to have been somewhere else prior. That's not the case here. Davis has always had trouble with the K.

Comment

Working...
            X