another offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another offer

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $400 in-season cap
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that
    currently in a fight for 6th-8th with 3th-5th 10 points ahead and 9th 10 points back

C- Chirinos $10
    1B- Hosmer $23
    2B- Merrifield $10
    3B- Drury $5
    SS- Bogaerts $33/1
    MI- Spangenberg $10
    CI- Moustakas $21
    OF- Benintendi $10
    OF- Renfroe $10
    OF- Harper $31/5
    OF- Trout $31/5
    DH- Marisnick $10
    P- Archer $29
    P- Wade Davis $15/2
    P- Herrera $4/1
    P- Madson $2
    P- Manaea $8/1
    P- Roark $20
    P- Mike Montgomery $1
    P- Quintana $21
    P- Odorizzi $8
    BN- Willie Calhoun $10
    BN- Corbin $5
    BN- Bryan Shaw $10
    BN- Andrew Miller $17/1
    BN- Strickland $1
    DL- Wheeler $5
    DL- Chisenhall $5
    Minors- Francisco Mejia $5
    Minors- Walker Buehler $10
    Minors- Harrison Bader $10
    Minors- Reynaldo Lopez $5

The same owner that has been after Trout for 4 years has made 2 more offers:

- Christian Yelich $19, Brett Gardner $5, Alex Claudio $10, Sean Doolittle $5
    - Keon Broxton $7, Gardner, Claudio, Doolittle

I could use saves and steals as I could pick up roughly 8-10 points easily. However, I'm short on meeting our IP requirement. Thoughts from the RJ crowd?

JFC no. Do not sell off a cheap best-player-in-baseball for a reasonably cheap Yelich, an older guy having a surprisingly good year, and two guys who might not even be closers for the rest of the season much less next year for a shot at making the bottom of the money if you can also pick up some starting pitchers and Harper's injury doesn't kill you and 40 games of those guys is enough to make a difference. Just no.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      JFC no. Do not sell off a cheap best-player-in-baseball for a reasonably cheap Yelich, an older guy having a surprisingly good year, and two guys who might not even be closers for the rest of the season much less next year for a shot at making the bottom of the money if you can also pick up some starting pitchers and Harper's injury doesn't kill you and 40 games of those guys is enough to make a difference. Just no.
      Agree 100%. And maybe more.

Comment

Working...
      X