Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the verge of making the playoffs at the #6 of 6 spot, drop 2 players

Dynasty League - no salaries, 5x5 by categories weekly

Should I squeak in and that isn't a sure thing with 2 more weeks left in our regular season after this week, I'll have to drop 2 players (get down from 36 to 34) if I make the playoffs. Here are my possibilities.

Michael Taylor
    Dustin Pedroia
    Brad Zeigler - if I dropped him I would only have one closer (Brad Hand) and could only do this if either Chance Adams or Jack Flaherty get called up or Felix Hernandez heals from the DL. Probably not an option.
    Jack Flaherty - I feel he's a sure drop even though I like him a lot
    Jordan Zimmerman and Lucus Sims - I really can't drop either unless I pick up another 2 SP or RP because I need to start 9 pitchers. I have David Price and Felix Hernandez on the DL. Should Hernandez come back around my playoff time (not likely) I would probably drop Zimmerman or Lucus.
    Chris Owings - even though he's out I probably will keep him for the future
    Chance Adams - I probably wouldn't entertain the idea of dropping him

Right now I'm probably looking at dropping Flaherty and either Pedroia or Taylor should Felix not make it back from the DL or Adams doesn't get called up. What are your thoughts?

Yeah, tough call. Your "easy" drops you need, so I agree: Flaherty and Taylor.

Comment

Weird rules. It would seem easy to drop Zimmerman and maybe Sims but that doesn't seem like something you would be able to do or don't want to do. I guess I would go with the consensus and say Flaherty and Taylor although Owings isn't that exciting either.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Weird rules. It would seem easy to drop Zimmerman and maybe Sims but that doesn't seem like something you would be able to do or don't want to do. I guess I would go with the consensus and say Flaherty and Taylor although Owings isn't that exciting either.
        Weird rules? Perhaps I explained it wrong. We start 9 pitchers but I'm not required to start 9, but can start a maximum of 9 and I prefer to use all the pitchers slots in my starting lineup. That's why I said I'm stuck with Sims and Zimmerman unless I replace them with something off the waiver wire due to being thin a pitchers right now because Felix Hernandez and David Price are on the DL.

Comment

Oh, I would just pick up a middle reliever or something instead of Zimmerman. He's not even owned in my 10-team AL-only.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            Oh, I would just pick up a middle reliever or something instead of Zimmerman. He's not even owned in my 10-team AL-only.
            If I understand this correctly, that doesn't help him because he needs to eliminate two players completely. So he'd have to cut Zimmermann and replace him with nobody and take an empty spot in the lineup, or cut someone else and then as an unrelated move he could do what you suggested (which I agree with).
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
            X