Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you name this under-the-radar stud SS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you name this under-the-radar stud SS?

In April, if you were told your SS would put up these numbers come August 2nd -- .301, 11 HR, 50 R, 48 RBI, 15 SB, .350 OBP and (perhaps the clincher) a 5.29 seasonal WAR, behind *only* Jose Altuve and Max Scherzer in all of MLB (and not for nuthin', #1 in WAR defensively and #20 in just offense, ahead of guys named Stanton, Conforto, Arenado, Freeman, Murphy, Abreu, Lamb, Rizzo, and any more bigger name studs) -- I'd then have three questions for you:

1. Would you have ever guessed his name was NOT Correa, Seager, Bogaerts, or Lindor?
    2. In what round would you have drafted him/how much would you have paid knowing you'd get this SS/MI production come August?
    3. Can you name this sneakily studly SS without looking it up OR LOOKING AT MY SIG (D'OH!)...I bet you all can because RJ'ers are smart and other "normal" roto players are dumb...but still...?

I guess I just had to ask because I often overlook how crucial he's been to my team, as a FA pickup, no less. Pre-season he was the consensus #37 SS-eligible behind such Cooperstown-bound players as Jose Iglesias, Danny Espinosa, Tyler Saladino, Matt Duffy, Jorge Polanco, Jurickson Profar, and Trevor Story.
    Last edited by Msaint; 08-02-2017, 04:48 PM.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

I couldn't help but look at your sig. Very impressive numbers. I will say he went for top-12 pricing in my AL only.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      I couldn't help but look at your sig. Very impressive numbers. I will say he went for top-12 pricing in my AL only.
      Ha, I realized after I posted that his name is right there in my roster....:foreheadslap:

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

I couldnt guess w/o looking and was indeed surprised. My guess was Elvis Andrus, which was a pretty good guess. Simmons has a much higher WAR due mainly to the defensive WAR, but actually Andrus has been the more valuable roto player (in 1 of my leagues, $36.19 to $30.37 for Simmons).

Comment

Simmons is a completely different hitter these days. Love how he's turning on pitches inner half and going with pitches away rather than rolling over on so many pitches.

Love Andrus this year as I have him in every single league possible. People overlooked that sports hernia he had last year that hurt him in power and speed while he had a .380 2nd half OBP.

Comment

Ugh. Unfortunately I knew it was Simmons. Traded Simmons $16 and Kelvin Herrera $10 this offseason for a cheap Rougned Odor ($7). Good decision, bad outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Ugh. Unfortunately I knew it was Simmons. Traded Simmons $16 and Kelvin Herrera $10 this offseason for a cheap Rougned Odor ($7). Good decision, bad outcome.
              Well, you can't beat yourself up over that one, I make that deal 10 times out of 10 despite hindsight.

C- J.McCann
              1B-Cron
              2B- Villar
              SS- Andrus
              3B-Baez
              MI-L. Gurriel
              CI- Y.Gurriel
              UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                What;s wrong with Odor for $7? He has produced pretty good other than his average.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                X