Scherzer... ugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scherzer... ugh

Threw a clean ten-pitch first inning, hit his first major league home run in the top of the 2nd, then threw a warmup pitch and asked to be removed from the game.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Well that would be... significant.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Nationals said he just had neck spasms...
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Pitchers shouldn't hit

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          Pitchers shouldn't hit
          The pure entertainment value of Bartolo Colon hitting, whether he strikes out, jacks a homer or grounds out makes this argument completely invalid. Perhaps when Big Sexy retires, but it is a crime against baseball that Colon does not get to bat in the AL.

Comment

Working...
          X