X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Trade Deadlines and rules

I am in 2 different league with 2 different deadline rules:

NEWOL - AL only - 30 + years

Our first deadline is the Sunday - after ML - So this year is August 6 - Gives everyone time to react to what just happens. Closers getting traded to teams where he no longer will be a closer - 3rd OF who team just nabbed the Big Bat that plays his Position...

** 2nd deadline Is first Sunday after Sept 1 - This trading Period you can only trade with people 2 places away or closer.

** We also Expand our roster in Sept to 1 Batter and 1 Pitcher on our Active roster.

Pony League: 15 Plus MIx league:

Deadline was last night - at Midnite. No more trading - no Expansion.

I prefer the first option - Esp the Expansion rule

Anyone else have any other rules for Trading Deadline and down the stretch???

In my 16-tm redraft we allow trades among all teams until July 31. From July 31 until August 31, we use a sector system where teams can only trade within their sector, based on the standings -- 1-5, 6-10, 11-16. This way teams can still deal but a low-end team wanting to "take a shot" won't be able to directly influence the top of the standings.

Comment

Our old, old NL league is a little more restrictive than your AL. During August we can only trade with the team next in standings as of the start of the week. This by and large negates trading during that period. Our expansion allows for only one addition, either a pitcher or batter. Most of our rules go back to the original early 80's Rotisserie setup.

I kind of like the added expansion idea, but on the down side it can cut into the player pool for the next auction.

My personal preference for trading would be to deadline it at July 31 to help avoid the possibility of late year shenanigans or even honest but big impact trades. I've always felt there is a lot more skill involved in knowing the minor leagues, setting your keepers, preparing and executing at the auction and making smart roster moves through the season as opposed to swinging a future for current trade that turns everything upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
        Our old, old NL league is a little more restrictive than your AL. During August we can only trade with the team next in standings as of the start of the week. This by and large negates trading during that period. Our expansion allows for only one addition, either a pitcher or batter. Most of our rules go back to the original early 80's Rotisserie setup.

I kind of like the added expansion idea, but on the down side it can cut into the player pool for the next auction.

My personal preference for trading would be to deadline it at July 31 to help avoid the possibility of late year shenanigans or even honest but big impact trades. I've always felt there is a lot more skill involved in knowing the minor leagues, setting your keepers, preparing and executing at the auction and making smart roster moves through the season as opposed to swinging a future for current trade that turns everything upside down.
        We had the trade with only people you are connected to0 - this year will be the first for 2 people away.

We are in year 2 of 1 Catcher league - we took the 2nd Catcher spot and made a utility spot. - Can be a Pitcher or Batter. Gives the owner the flexibility of going offense or Pitching. Also since some ML teams are going with bigger Pitching staff it makes it easier to have all spots filled.

Then come Sept - you get to add 1 of both. Doesn't effect our keepers because we are a dynasty league with a big bench and 7 men farm team. We are a 12 team ONLY league so not much on the waiver wire.

We have Other trade rules in place to stop most of the shenanigans -
        24 hour posting rule
        Asterisk rule
        Can't dump until July 1

Plus all but 1 owner has been in the league for over 10 years

Comment

Working...
        X