• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad is this trade?

13 team NL only.

Carlos Gonzalez $51A (first year)

for

Logan Morrison $10B (second year)

The strangest part...The team getting Morrison says they are not dumping. Wow.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

If it is not a dump it is bad, and even as a dump, I'd try to get something else tossed it. This guy is selling cargo low, but that said, Morrison is a legit hitter. I wouldn't mind getting him long term. How much longer can he be kept/extended for?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      If it is not a dump it is bad, and even as a dump, I'd try to get something else tossed it. This guy is selling cargo low, but that said, Morrison is a legit hitter. I wouldn't mind getting him long term. How much longer can he be kept/extended for?
      He needs to be extended next year and there is no limit to the number of years.

I wouldn't have minded the deal as much if he got a prospect as well. For comparison, Hanley was traded for Starlin Castro $10B (same as Morrison must be extended next year) and Mike Minor $10M.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Not that bad, IMO. I think he'll be disappointed with Morrison's numbers vs. CarGo this year, but a $10 Morrison is going to be pretty fine to have in a league that apparently has some pretty steep inflation.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Not that bad, IMO. I think he'll be disappointed with Morrison's numbers vs. CarGo this year, but a $10 Morrison is going to be pretty fine to have in a league that apparently has some pretty steep inflation.
          Thanks. He said he's looking at getting .280-20-80 from Morrison this year admitting it's not Cargo's ceiling and goes on to say if he breaks out further next year it's a better deal for them. My problem, at least for a league like ours, is you can't play both sides of the fence and do well on either side. You have to be totally committed to winning or dumping.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
          X