Robbie Ray trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbie Ray trade

I was offered Ray in a deal. Trade deadline is today. He got that liner to the skull, but checked out fine...so far.

Do i roll the dice?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Nice keeper for next year. But, concussion symptoms could linger for who knows how long this year.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I hate being in this spot, as even with good reports, it isn't a risk free deal. But based on the reports, he got lucky and checks out a-okay. It also looks good that the ball went really far when it came off his head, indicating that the ball still had a lot of energy, so it didn't get absorbed in the blow, but careened off.

So, if you are getting him for a bit of a discount considering the slight but significant risk, I'd go for it. But I wouldn't pay full blown retail on a guy who just took 108 mph ball of his noggin.

Comment

Dealing Cody Allen
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Dealing Cody Allen
          Then yes, absolutely.

Comment

Oh hell yes, plus, you'll get good karma going in your favor.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I made the deal.. thanks guys!

Comment

Ray against the Dodgers

7/6--6 innings 5 hits 1 run 13 k's
                8/30-6 2/3 innings 4 hits 1 run 10 k's
                9/4--so far 4 innings 0 hits and 7 k's

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                  Ray against the Dodgers

7/6--6 innings 5 hits 1 run 13 k's
                  8/30-6 2/3 innings 4 hits 1 run 10 k's
                  9/4--so far 4 innings 0 hits and 7 k's
                  Struck out the side in the 5th. 5 innings o hits 10 k's. If his command is coming around...look out. He is flat out making the Dodgers look silly. Not many pitchers I'd take over Ray right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X