Redraft League Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redraft League Offer

I'm currently in 4th in my 16-tm redraft league with 109 pts. 3rd place has 113, 2nd place 117, and 1st place 122. 11 pts back to 5th place.

I just may have lost my CI, Justin Bour, for an extended period. I have no in-house replacement for him, so if I wanted to pick someone off waivers, it would be Tyler Moore or Brandon Moss, or someone of their middling ilk.

I made a few unsolicited offers for a CI using Matt Kemp as the key. I just got a counter from one owner:

I give: Jonathan Schoop, Matt Kemp & Chris Devenski
    I get: Gerrit Cole, Josh Bell & Ian Kinsler

I initially offered Kemp for Bell, as this owner was looking for a high BA type, and I could slot in either Derek Fisher or Manny Margot into Kemp's spot.

I think this counter is fair, but man, I hate giving up a player in the midst of a huge breakout season in Schoop. Kinsler's been mediocre. Now I can use Cole, although Devenski has been awesome, because I've lost Cueto & Syndergaard and have been using the likes of Zach Wheeler, RA Dickey and Jeremy Hellickson.

Pull the trigger?

Man, losing Schoop and Kemp is a chunk of power to give up. Bell solid in that dept but Kinsler ain't doing it this year. And Devenski has mostly been great as you mentioned, like him rest of season vs. Cole. Me, I don't like this deal but I'm sure you'll get conflicting opinions. Lucky you.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
      Man, losing Schoop and Kemp is a chunk of power to give up. Bell solid in that dept but Kinsler ain't doing it this year. And Devenski has mostly been great as you mentioned, like him rest of season vs. Cole. Me, I don't like this deal but I'm sure you'll get conflicting opinions. Lucky you.
      I agree. Schoop has 71 RBIs to Kinsler's 28. Yowza.

Comment

No, that deal doesn't help you at all...I'd pick up Moss right now and see if he can continue his hot streak.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          No, that deal doesn't help you at all...I'd pick up Moss right now and see if he can continue his hot streak.
          I'd do this before I'd make that deal.

Comment

I declined it. Thanks fellas.

Comment

Working...
            X