trading Xander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trading Xander

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $400 in-season cap
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that
    currently in a fight for 6th-8th with 3th-5th 10 points ahead and 9th 10 points back

C- Chirinos $10
    1B- Hosmer $23
    2B- Merrifield $10
    3B- Drury $5
    SS- Bogaerts $33/1
    MI- Spangenberg $10
    CI- Moustakas $21
    OF- Benintendi $10
    OF- Renfroe $10
    OF- Harper $31/5
    OF- Trout $31/5
    DH- Marisnick $10
    P- Archer $29
    P- Wade Davis $15/2
    P- Herrera $4/1
    P- Madson $2
    P- Manaea $8/1
    P- Andrew Miller $17/1
    P- Mike Montgomery $1
    P- Quintana $21
    P- Bryan Shaw $10
    BN- Willie Calhoun $10
    BN- Corbin $5
    BN- Odorizzi $8
    BN- Roark $20
    BN- Strickland $1
    BN- Wheeler
    DL- Chisenhall $5
    Minors- Francisco Mejia $5
    Minors- Walker Buehler $10
    Minors- Harrison Bader $10
    Minors- Reynaldo Lopez $5

Still in a battle for 5th-8th. Rebuilding team has offered me one of the following for Bogaerts:

Danny Salazar $22, Sean Doolittle $5, and Troy Tulowitki $12/Jordy Mercer $10

If I make the trade, who do I drop to add all three and to get below the $400 in-season cap?

Salazar and Tulo have both been dreck. The Nats closing job seemingly changes by the week. Why do you want these three? Awful offer.

Comment

I agree, that isn't a good offer, mostly because Tulo/mercer suck, and yeah, the Nats closing gig is very shaky. Salazer did look really good in his first start back, and he has pretty sick stuff when he can get it over the plate. If this guy had either a more stable closer and/or a better SS to offer, I could see a match.

Comment

He has Descalso $10 as his other SS. He also has Berrios $5, but I imagine he views him as a keeper. His closers are Oh $26 and Claudio $10, both of them not locks either to stay as closers.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
          He has Descalso $10 as his other SS. He also has Berrios $5, but I imagine he views him as a keeper. His closers are Oh $26 and Claudio $10, both of them not locks either to stay as closers.
          Why would a rebuilding team want a $33 Bogaerts?

Comment

I don't know why he wants Bogaerts. I'm thinking of offering Bogaerts for Berrios/Doolittle/Mercer. Would that be a bad counter?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
              I don't know why he wants Bogaerts. I'm thinking of offering Bogaerts for Berrios/Doolittle/Mercer. Would that be a bad counter?
              I'm not sure if Xander is the guy who hit 23 HRs last year or 9 HRs the year before, but that seems like a light return regardless. I'd only trade Xander for a top SP, and not sure Berrios is that guy yet.

Comment

Working...
              X