• Kershaw exits after 2 innings

smoke 'em if you got him - and I got him
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

He finished the inning (scoreless of course) after the trainer visited him on the mound. So it doesn't sound too serious. I don't even own him but i hope he doesn't miss time because he's good for baseball.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Lower back tightness. No timetable yet. I'm guessing he's day to day.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        http://m.mlb.com/news/article/243977...picId=27118122

smoke 'em if you got him - and I got him
        Me too. I kept him at $45x.

In a tight battle for first place. This is bad news. Just a matter of how bad.

Comment

To the 10 day DL.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Out 4-to-6 weeks per MLB.com

Comment

Cue Dandy Don.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Out 4-to-6 weeks per MLB.com
                Gee, maybe they shouldn't have left him in to finish the 2nd inning. Are the Dodgers using the Mets trainers now?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Cue Dandy Don.
                  I'm too young to remember the Lipton iced tea guy.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Me too. I kept him at $45x.

In a tight battle for first place. This is bad news. Just a matter of how bad.
                    Bad, very bad.

Comment

As a grumpy old lawyer from south Arkansas once said, "Pitchers will break your heart."

The Dodgers are up 10.5 games last I looked. If they hold a similar lead when Kershaw comes back, it will be very interesting to see if they throw him right back into the regular rotation or if they put him on light duty until October.
                      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                        As a grumpy old lawyer from south Arkansas once said, "Pitchers will break your heart."

The Dodgers are up 10.5 games last I looked. If they hold a similar lead when Kershaw comes back, it will be very interesting to see if they throw him right back into the regular rotation or if they put him on light duty until October.
                        I gotta think they will put him right back in the regular rotation. 1. this injury is already giving his arm a break, 2. pitchers are used to routine and habit, 3. by that time they will want to make sure he gets his work in to ensure he is as finely tuned as possible come playoff time.

Comment

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            Be afraid. Be very afraid.
                            Agree long term. I'm thinking I'm moving Scherzer to the #1 SP slot for next year...
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                            X