Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frazier/Robertson to Boston rumors gaining steam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    You've gotta love this deal. The back end of the bullpen is ridiculous now - Warren, Kahnle, Robertson, Betances, and Chapman. And the black hole at 1B is plugged. All for one top-100 prospect and one other who could come into the top-100.
    Yeah, I really like the deal for the Yankees. Getting Kahnle especially, since he is under team control till 2020, is huge. They have really helped themselves here. That bullpen is silly good.

Comment

You've gotta love this deal. The back end of the bullpen is ridiculous now - Warren, Kahnle, Robertson, Betances, and Chapman. And the black hole at 1B is plugged. All for one top-100 prospect and one other who could come into the top-100.
      I do love it, I just liked Rutherford.

For the bullpen, Chad Green has been great too. The Sox announcers over the weekend were speaking very highly of him after his 5 Ks over 2 innings on Friday. And the last guy there, Caleb Smith looked great in the first two innings of his first appearance. Unfortunately for him, he pitched a third inning and gave up two runs. Beyond that, I really like Holden and Heller but I doubt they see any time as long as everyone stays healthy. It's nice to have so many arms that can be trusted in the bullpen.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

well, not if you're another AL East team.

this is just another argument for the Jays to retool in a serious way
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          well, not if you're another AL East team.

this is just another argument for the Jays to retool in a serious way
          Starts lighting Donaldson-to-BoSox prayer candles....
          12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
          1B-Cron
          2B- Villar
          SS- Andrus
          3B-Baez
          MI-L. Gurriel
          CI- Y.Gurriel
          OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
          UTIL- Benintendi
          BENCH: Pence, Dyson
          SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
          RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
          IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
            Starts lighting Donaldson-to-BoSox prayer candles....
            It's been a long time since there's been a meaningful trade across AL East teams; those would have to be really impressive candles (one would have to have "Devers" stamped on the side ...); on the other hand, a trade centred around Alex Reyes is a possibility if the brass decides to cut the cord.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

It's been a long time since there's been a meaningful trade across AL East teams; those would have to be really impressive candles (one would have to have "Devers" stamped on the side ...); on the other hand, a trade centred around Alex Reyes is a possibility if the brass decides to cut the cord.
              Is that the Card's tommy john pitcher?

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                Is that the Card's tommy john pitcher?
                yup ...

Comment

yup ...
                  Yeah the STL rumors are hot because they desperately need a power bat. Thought J.D. might have gone there (or Colorado). Donaldson...Moustakas (if KC sells)...even Gio Stanton linked to STL rumors.
                  12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                  1B-Cron
                  2B- Villar
                  SS- Andrus
                  3B-Baez
                  MI-L. Gurriel
                  CI- Y.Gurriel
                  OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                  UTIL- Benintendi
                  BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                  SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                  RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                  IL: Buxton

Comment

I doubt that St.Louis would do that deal...Donaldson is just a shadow of himself this season, and he's Muy expensive as well. I think that he's not a free agent, but as an arbitration eligible guy, he'd be in for a good raise no matter how crappy his current season may be. Plus, he seems to be playing hurt again...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      I doubt that St.Louis would do that deal...Donaldson is just a shadow of himself this season, and he's Muy expensive as well. I think that he's not a free agent, but as an arbitration eligible guy, he'd be in for a good raise no matter how crappy his current season may be. Plus, he seems to be playing hurt again...
                      Agree that St. Louis would not do that deal. They would be able to get out of the arb contract by cutting him and eating 30 days salary.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                      X