Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JD Martinez to the D'Backs

For three prospects

Ouch. He's a free agent at the end of the year, correct?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Ouch. He's a free agent at the end of the year, correct?
      Yep, pure rental.

Comment

D-Backs didn't give much up for him...and, maybe he'll like hitting in AZ (who wouldn't?) and signs there in the off-season. No lose for either team...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Would love to see him hit in front of Goldy either 3 or 4, but probably hit 5th i guess?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

So is this the end (for this season) of Tomas as a starter?

Comment

Anyone else wondering if Avila has an offer of employment in AZ if things don't work out in Detroit?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Anyone else wondering if Avila has an offer of employment in AZ if things don't work out in Detroit?
                He does now!

Comment

There are quite a few fans here in Detroit not happy with the deal and calling for Avila's head. The deal was needed to get done. Not sure they could have gotten much more than they did. It does finally signal the end for the Tigers. I expect Wilson and Alex Avila gone soon. If the Tigers are willing to eat part of JV contract he should get dealt. Avila needs to make this happen as the Tigers are stuck with Miggy, Zimmerman, Kinsler, V-mart and Upton contracts. Kinsler and V-mart contract come off after 2018. Sanchez contract is done after this season.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    So is this the end (for this season) of Tomas as a starter?
                    Maybe. I suspect some sort of rotation between Peralta, Tomas, and JDM. Even Pollock might get a few more days off.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Maybe. I suspect some sort of rotation between Peralta, Tomas, and JDM. Even Pollock might get a few more days off.
                      Why would they acquire a big bat like JDM and sit him a third of the time? I don't buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                        Why would they acquire a big bat like JDM and sit him a third of the time? I don't buy it.
                        Agree. Tomas is toast
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

He went for $46 in last night's faab. I went all in at $45.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            He went for $46 in last night's faab. I went all in at $45.
                            As you should have. What is the likelihood of another bat like his coming over?

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              As you should have. What is the likelihood of another bat like his coming over?
                              Moustakas?

Comment

Working...
                              X