Zimmerman for Carrasco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zimmerman for Carrasco?

13 team mixed, keeper. I think I got a possible trade brewing.. I'm in first and looking to get better, especially in a top starting pitcher. Other team wants an additional player which is fine because I need to drop someone anyway to free up a spot for Conforto coming off DL...Who should I throw in as my second player. Here are my choices for a throw in...M Gonzalez ($5), Pahm ($1), Piscotty ($11), Godley (3), Pomeranz (1), J. Wilson (13)? Or would I be giving too much?

Ryan Zimmerman has been incredible so far, but if I could backfill him with Conforto and replace Miguel Gonzalez with Carrasco, I do that deal.

In theory, it might be an overpay, but if you need another top-tier SP to make your year, I'd go for this in a minute.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Ryan Zimmerman has been incredible so far, but if I could backfill him with Conforto and replace Miguel Gonzalez with Carrasco, I do that deal.

In theory, it might be an overpay, but if you need another top-tier SP to make your year, I'd go for this in a minute.
      Here's the rest of my team...what do you think? Or do I hold with what I got?

C-Contreras(3), 1B-Goldy(41), 2B-Kinsler(20), SS-Didi(2), 3B-Sano(14), CI-Zimmerman(5), MI-Villar(1), DH-Longoria(10), OF1-Pollock(14), OF2-Pham(1), OF3-Marwin Gonzalez(5), OF4-McCutchen(22), SP1-Archer(32), SP2-Hamels(16), SP3-Nola(8), SP4-Godley(3), SP5-Berrios(6), RP1-Osuna(13), RP2-Iglesias(6), SP/RP Flex- J. Wilson(13) Bench: SP-Tanaka(8), SP-Severino(2), SP-Pomeranz(1), OF-Piscotty(11), OF-J. Upton(16) IR- C Davis(16) Conforto(1)
      Last edited by urch420; 07-12-2017, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post

He's got Marwin Gonzalez, not Miguel.

I'm not including ANY of those players as toss-ins.

Looking at your team, I'm not sure you need Carrasco.

Comment

I think Zimmerman regresses. I'd take Carrasco for him if I needed pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            He's got Marwin Gonzalez, not Miguel.

I'm not including ANY of those players as toss-ins.

Looking at your team, I'm not sure you need Carrasco.
            Here's my dilemma...I need to drop 2 guys if I don't make a trade...One for Conforto Who I need to take off IR by tomorrow, and second for Davis when he comes off this weekend. Who should I drop in that case? I was thinking maybe Piscotty (11) and Davis (16), or Hamels(16)...What do you think? I updated my list of players with their dollar amounts. I also forgot Upton...
            Last edited by urch420; 07-12-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I think Zimmerman regresses. I'd take Carrasco for him if I needed pitching.
              I could use ERA, WHIP, and Wins

Comment

Originally posted by urch420 View Post
                I could use ERA, WHIP, and Wins
                I'd make the trade. You have hitters that I think will be as good as Zimmerman ROS to replace him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  I'd make the trade. You have hitters that I think will be as good as Zimmerman ROS to replace him.
                  Who would be the guy you throw in along with Zimmerman?

Comment

The guy in behind me in 2nd place just got Greinke in a trade...

Comment

Why don't you toss in Tanaka? He's hurt you way more than he's helped and every start is a potential disaster. Addition by subtraction and you get rid of a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Why don't you toss in Tanaka? He's hurt you way more than he's helped and every start is a potential disaster. Addition by subtraction and you get rid of a headache.
                        So Zimmerman and Tanaka for Carrasco?

Comment

Originally posted by urch420 View Post
                          So Zimmerman and Tanaka for Carrasco?
                          I'd offer that. Sure, it may backfire a bit if Tanaka turns it around, but he's probably the main reason why you need a SP. If you want to hold him, then offer Wilson.

Comment

Is Piscotty even rosterable in a 13 team mixed with just 27 players per team? Seems like a shallow league, I can see why Piscotty is rostered in deep leagues, but small leagues like this? I'd throw him into any trade in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
                            X