Darvish vs Fulmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darvish vs Fulmer

5 x 5 H2H dynasty-keep forever with no salaries.

I was offered Fulmer as I'm probably a year away from making a run for the title. He said he was extremely surprised that I didn't accept the offer. Is my Darvish bias clouding my judgement? I like Fulmer but see his HR rate doubling in the 2nd half. I still like Fulmer quite a bit, but shouldn't I get a bit more back than just Fulmer despite his age?

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
    5 x 5 H2H dynasty-keep forever with no salaries.

I was offered Fulmer as I'm probably a year away from making a run for the title. He said he was extremely surprised that I didn't accept the offer. Is my Darvish bias clouding my judgement? I like Fulmer but see his HR rate doubling in the 2nd half. I still like Fulmer quite a bit, but shouldn't I get a bit more back than just Fulmer despite his age?
    Was the offer Darvish for Fulmer straight up?

While I do like Fulmer because of the age difference, the strikeout upside of Darvish is just too big to make a straight up deal, IMO.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Was the offer Darvish for Fulmer straight up?

While I do like Fulmer because of the age difference, the strikeout upside of Darvish is just too big to make a straight up deal, IMO.
      Agree 100%

Comment

Straight up deal.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Agree 100%
          Same here. It's a reasonable offer, but I'd politely decline
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks to all who responded. This offer was from a solid owner and he was extremely surprised I didn't want to do it and just wanted to get the "feel" from the pen if I was making the right call.

Comment

got another one. My Darvish and Carrasco for Sonny Gray, Segura and Britton. My initial thought was no way...any other opinions?

Comment

got another one. My Darvish and Carrasco for Sonny Gray, Segura and Britton. My initial thought was no way...any other opinions?
                No way.

Comment

Hmmmm, what's your pitching staff look like after such a deal? And who would Segura and Britton replace? Are closers pretty valuable in your league? Also, something to consider, the rumor that the Dodgers are after Britton...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    Hmmmm, what's your pitching staff look like after such a deal? And who would Segura and Britton replace? Are closers pretty valuable in your league? Also, something to consider, the rumor that the Dodgers are after Britton...
                    20 teamer. I already have Turner but not much on the wire. I've had Eddie Rosario/Gennett in my U and 2B and no depth 2B or SS . My only relief pitcher is Kahnle. My pitching staff would be weak but I'm in year 2 of a full rebuild. My staff would be Gray, Nola, Morton, Lugo, Shoemaker(DL), Ryu (DL) with Kopech as possible future help. I have a lot of minors potential with Robles, Acuna, Verdugo, Soto,Mateo, Buxton and Reed that could land me pitching.

Comment

I prefer Darvish.

Comment

20 teamer. I already have Turner but not much on the wire. I've had Eddie Rosario/Gennett in my U and 2B and no depth 2B or SS . My only relief pitcher is Kahnle. My pitching staff would be weak but I'm in year 2 of a full rebuild. My staff would be Gray, Nola, Morton, Lugo, Shoemaker(DL), Ryu (DL) with Kopech as possible future help. I have a lot of minors potential with Robles, Acuna, Verdugo, Soto,Mateo, Buxton and Reed that could land me pitching.
                        I think that he needs to add another GOOD piece to the deal, you'd be giving up a ton of start with those 2 pitchers.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                        X