• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Run Derby

Sano vs Moustakas...Sano...dang.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Sano vs Moustakas...Sano...dang.
    Had to laugh...someone was commenting on how Huge Judge is, and Peter Gammons laughed and said the Twins have 2 guys bigger than Judge on the corners...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

And Gary Sanchez.

I think he broke a window!

Comment

StanTON!!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Short of the Josh Hamilton show, this is the awesomest HR derby. And Judge hasn't even hit yet.

Comment

First three decided by 1 HR each...this is great!

Comment

Bournado warning lol!
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Must be the donuts lol!
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow! 22!

Comment

Judge looks tired already. Maybe he took too much BP. Rookie mistake.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I am as big a "get off my lawn" guy on the HR Derby as anyone - until now.

all the hype barely got me to freeze it, and I figured I'd bail in 5 minutes. but I still haven't.

VERY entertaining with new format. the old version - and Berman - was so brutal and interminable that I stopped watching at least a decade ago. they need to market how this is 'not your grandfather's Oldsmobile' anymore. pleasantly shocked that they figured it out (granting that it's a little lucky when the first 4 rounds turn out to be nailbiters).

Judge came across great while watching teammate Sanchez in the booth, and the anonymous Bour was anything but while in the batter's box.

next someone will tell me that they'll fix the Pro Bowl!
                      Last edited by Judge Jude; 07-10-2017, 08:32 PM.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Yeah, i think i would have turned it off by now if i had to continuously listen to Berman yelling "Back,back,back,back."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I flipped over to it just as Stanton was into his turn...from the excitement level I thought it was the finals.

Bour was a treat. Great matchup for Judge when I was not expecting it.
                          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Sano looks really good...

Comment

Judge....holy crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X