Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor conundrum?

AL-only, roto 4x4, 10 teams

Remember me? I'm the guy that traded a linked Avi Garcia and JD Martinez (and D. Duffy) for M. Trout about 2-3 hours before it was announced that he'd miss 6-8 weeks. Yeah, I know.

Our league uses the old school roto rules of operation for reserves, DL, open slots, etc, and only process transactions on Monday prior to games. This was how I got into the Trout trade in the first place - trying to figure out how to not lose one of Avi or JDM. Our true FA bidding period doesnt begin until next week.

So, my (tiny) conundrum is this - I now have Mallex Smith tied to Trout. I'd like to find a way to keep him on my team (for nothing, preferably) and the only way I can see to do so, short of voodoo dolling someone onto the DL, is to wait a week, pick up a guy that's placed on the DL after our transaction period (we use a deadline of Sunday night MLB transactions), then move Smith into that slot the following week.

The real question is - is Mallex Smith worth losing out on a week and a half of the demigod's stats?
    One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Do you need mallex.smith speed? And remember, KK the real tbay cf is coming back soon. Not sure when, but soon...

Comment

Kiermaier is out until mid-August, between healing and rehab time. And that assumes no setbacks.

All that said, I agree with Art V - you only do those gymnastics if you're desperate for speed
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'm not desperate for speed, I'm in a fairly comfortable 3rd place.
        But bags always seem like such a hot commodity - I hate to give him away for nothing, if even to a bottom feeder.
        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Working...
        X