Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keon Broxton value?

My league is 13 team mixed. 5x5. $300 budget with 8 keepers

How valuable is Broxton as a keeper and ROS? He can be kept for $6 in 2018 and $11 in 2019. Is he worth an SP2, SP3, SP4? Someone like Archer (not keepable), Price ($31)? How about MadBum ($55, even though Madducks won't trade him)

For 600 AB's he is on pace for

104 runs
    30 hr
    76 rbi
    34 sb

but with that terrible average in the .220's or so.

Thanks!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Those are very good prices for those numbers, even with the sketchy BA.

However, he comes with risk of cheap, easy replacement in a fairly deep OF group the Brewers have in the minors. A trade wouldn't hurt a lot (though I think his HR total drops in a lot of parks), but if his BA craters further, whether they'd replace him through their system.

If I were a dumping team with Price, I'd take a shot in Broxton. I think Archer would command a bit more, but it would certainly not be insulting to ask.

It's taken me a long time to figure out who he reminds me of - Eric Davis is the guy he really reminds me of,
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd part with Price for Broxton, but not the other two. Although he is a good keeper at those prices in a mixed league.

Comment

Also, free agents in this league who are available for pickup without giving up an ace pitcher are:
        Delino DeShields $1
        Rajai Davis $1

edit: i just picked up Buxton
        Last edited by madducks; 07-10-2017, 02:00 PM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Broxton is a bit like a young Carlos Gomez without the attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Also, free agents in this league who are available for pickup without giving up an ace pitcher are:
            Delino DeShields $1
            Rajai Davis $1

What did you give up?

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Delino DeShields $1
              Rajai Davis $1

The fact that you think those two are the equal of Broxton in fantasy baseball says alot for your current last place position

Davis is a one-trick pony. Deshields pretty much the same.
              Last edited by Mithrandir; 07-10-2017, 03:36 PM.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Whoa...easy cowboy. I think he's just saying you can get wheels cheap, not that they're the equal to Brixton in fantasy baseball terms.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Whoa...easy cowboy. I think he's just saying you can get wheels cheap, not that they're the equal to Brixton in fantasy baseball terms.
                  Haha. I gotta give Madducks some grief. He knows theres no ill will involved!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    What did you give up?
                    A 42 year old knuckleballer with very little keeper value. Buxton will be a $13 keeper in 2018 and had been dropped by several teams this year. Not real cheap. But if he breaks out in the second half he could be worth it.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Buxton sucks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Buxton sucks!!!!!
                        I think he's just a late bloomer.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          For 600 AB's he is on pace for

104 runs
                          30 hr
                          76 rbi
                          34 sb
                          You may want to adjust your projections. Broxton sent down to AAA.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X