possible trade targets

Matz or Manaea for this year
    wins should be about the same
    Manaea more Ks but Matz better era! and ratio

and as a keeper
    Manaea 12th round next year
    Matz 22nd round next year

or just stay away from both

What are the odds that Matz throws 200 innings between now and the end of 2018? I'd like them more if it wasn't the Mets taking care of him. I like Manaea. I would take him. I think Matz is better on a per-IP basis. I am not sure Manaea is a super exciting keeper. But even if Matz throws 90 innings the rest of the way without breaking, are you still feeling great with him as a keeper?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      possible trade targets

Matz or Manaea for this year
      wins should be about the same
      Manaea more Ks but Matz better era! and ratio

and as a keeper
      Manaea 12th round next year
      Matz 22nd round next year

or just stay away from both
      I think your analysis is spot on. My only question would be who has the higher upside. Maybe Manaea because of the Ks, but really neither is much of a deal at the spots you indicated.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        I think your analysis is spot on. My only question would be who has the higher upside. Maybe Manaea because of the Ks, but really neither is much of a deal at the spots you indicated.
        I agree with you and joncarlos about the choice of Matz' health risk vs Manaea's greater reliability.

I do, however, think Matz has higher upside, and, if he stays healthy (big if), he would be a fantastic deal as a 22nd rounder. Depending on what I had to give, I'd target both, but Matz is the better upside target given the round difference.

Comment

I would be getting rid of my mostly bench player but super sub - Gyorko (15th round)
          and my pitching staff stinks

Comment

and he does have a round 12 Pineda but I think the upside of a keeper in Matz makes the most sense

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              and he does have a round 12 Pineda but I think the upside of a keeper in Matz makes the most sense
              Yeah, I agree--Matz carries big risk, but if he finishes strong like he has the talent to do, I think that having him for a 22nd rounder is gonna be pretty good.

Comment

Agree - for a 22nd rounder, I'd take Matz. That's a pretty good risk reward ratio, even if he is under the care of the Mets medical staff.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Matz. I'm a Mets fan though. But have been watching him and love the upside.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Agree - for a 22nd rounder, I'd take Matz. That's a pretty good risk reward ratio, even if he is under the care of the Mets medical staff.
                    Yeah. I agree with this. He has the talent to be a star, but the Mets also get frustrated that his injuries tend to linger. But for a 22nd rounder, how can you beat that?

Comment

Working...
                    X