Who to drop for Morton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who to drop for Morton

I have Morton coming off the DL on Friday in a 14 team mixed daily points league, and I want to activate him for that start. But I'm wondering who to drop. All of my bench spots are SPs, since we have a very liberal cap on starts per week that I like to take advantage of. Also, all potential drops were $5 pick ups, or cheaper than that auction acquisitions, so while I'm 80% concerns about ROS, keeper potential is a factor, especially since we keep 20 major leaguers, so a guy doesn't have to be super great to be a keeper.

Who would you cut out of

Luis Castillo
    Mike Clevinger
    Scott Feldman
    Jon Gray
    Ian Kennedy
    Sean Newcomb
    Julio Teheran

Feldman or Newcomb.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Feldman or Newcomb.
      I am leaning Feldman. He is on a not streak though. Newcomb I like long term, but may be worse ROS than Feldman. Or I'd Feldman a lock to regress?

Comment

I think it's fair to say that Feldman is a lock to regress, and the Reds could move some players which will limit the offense behind him.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Feldman.

Comment

If it's a re-draft league, Newcomb. He's had a lot of control issues in the minors, and he's likely to have them in the bigs as well. Obviously, if it's a keeper, dump Feldman.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Feldman, but if you want to say Newcomb is not a top 280 player (14 teams, keep 20 major leaguers) next year, and you like Feldman more this year, I wouldn't totally argue.

I know Newcomb is getting more strikes because MLB umps can actually call his curveball correctly. I also know the Reds are going to be tearing it down soon. I mean, I think so, though I'm not sure what they have to tear down. I'd rather take a chance that Newcomb is the real deal, but if you are queasy about a rookie with a horrible BB/9 in the minors, I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Feldman, but if you want to say Newcomb is not a top 280 player (14 teams, keep 20 major leaguers) next year, and you like Feldman more this year, I wouldn't totally argue.

I know Newcomb is getting more strikes because MLB umps can actually call his curveball correctly. I also know the Reds are going to be tearing it down soon. I mean, I think so, though I'm not sure what they have to tear down. I'd rather take a chance that Newcomb is the real deal, but if you are queasy about a rookie with a horrible BB/9 in the minors, I understand.
                If I have a fault, it is that I tend to gamble too much on upside, so I am happy to be reading confirmations on my instinct to drop Feldman, who I wanted to drop anyway. I was suspecting more folks would tell me to drop Newcomb, and I'm surprised no one has mentioned Castillo, who also had a horrid BB/9, and less of a pedigree than Newcomb. I guess I'm not the only one on the Castillo bandwagon. Julio Teheran has always been horrible so far. Hard to believe in a turn around, although I know the talent is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  If I have a fault, it is that I tend to gamble too much on upside, so I am happy to be reading confirmations on my instinct to drop Feldman, who I wanted to drop anyway. I was suspecting more folks would tell me to drop Newcomb, and I'm surprised no one has mentioned Castillo, who also had a horrid BB/9, and less of a pedigree than Newcomb. I guess I'm not the only one on the Castillo bandwagon. Julio Teheran has always been horrible so far. Hard to believe in a turn around, although I know the talent is there.
                  Feldman is at his peak; I just don't see him maintaining his current numbers. Castillo is a wild card--good so far, but I wonder what'll happen when teams see more of him. he'll probably stay in the rotation because the team lacks alternatives. The fact that they brought him up from AA tells you about the guys they have at Louisville.

Teheran would have been my second choice to drop. Sometimes you go into a season with all kinds of confidence in a pitcher and stay with him way too long.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Working...
                  X