trading offense for pitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trading offense for pitching

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $400 in-season cap
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that
    currently in a fight for 6th-8th with 3th-5th 10 points ahead and 9th 10 points back

C- Chirinos $10
    1B- Hosmer $23
    2B- Merrifield $10
    3B- Drury $5
    SS- Bogaerts $33/1
    MI- Spangenberg $10
    CI- Moustakas $21
    OF- Benintendi $10
    OF- Chisenhall $5
    OF- Harper $31/5
    OF- Renfroe $10
    DH- Marisnick $10
    P- Archer $29
    P- Herrera $4/1
    P- Kela $10
    P- Madson $2
    P- Manaea $8/1
    P- Andrew Miller $17/1
    P- Mike Montgomery $1
    P- Bryan Shaw $10
    P- Vargas $10
    BN- Flowers $10
    BN- Conforto $5
    BN- Corbin $5
    BN- Frances Martes $5
    BN- Odorizzi $8
    BN- Roark $20
    BN- Strickland $1
    DL- Trout $31/5
    DL- Harvey $13/3
    Minors- Francisco Mejia $5
    Minors- Luis Urias $10
    Minors- Harrison Bader $10
    Minors- Reynaldo Lopez $5

I've made four trades in the past two weeks, trying to upgrade the pitching. I've been offered Santiago Casilla $10 for my Conforto. Do I have enough pitching to make a second-half push? Or is it worth making the trade with the hopes Casilla gets traded and stays a closer? Or should I counter for his Knebel $5?

I wouldn't go near Casilla...he's a disaster waiting to happen. If you can get Knebel, go for it, his K rate is off the charts. Your starters are pretty pedestrian, but I'd be pretty wary of dealing more offense...it's good, but a little thin.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I agree with Horns, go for Knebel over Casilla. I'd hate to deal a $5 Conforto, though.

Comment

Knebel looks like a stud, and I agree Casilla is not worth trading for. I'd probably do the Knebel deal, but no way on Casilla. And it would hurt to give Conforto.
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-03-2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

He's offered Knebel and Jorge Bonifacio $10 for Manaea and Benintendi. He's been after Benintendi since before the season started. I've offered him Lopez but he says he's full on minor leaguers.

What type of closer should I be looking to go for in exchange for Conforto and Lopez?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
            He's offered Knebel and Jorge Bonifacio $10 for Manaea and Benintendi. He's been after Benintendi since before the season started. I've offered him Lopez but he says he's full on minor leaguers.

What type of closer should I be looking to go for in exchange for Conforto and Lopez?
            I wouldn't do that deal. I love Knebel, but if he refuses to be reasonable, you will have to move on and find a closer elsewhere.

Comment

That offer is highway robbery.

Comment

Never trade Benintendi in a keeper league, unless you get an absolute King's ransom in return. Manaea is pretty damn good as well...tell this guy to get real or go pound sand.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

The same owner has made another offer - Adrian Beltre $29, Daniel Duffy $24 and Casilla for Benintendi and Martes. Is that a no too?

Comment

The same owner has made another offer - Adrian Beltre $29, Daniel Duffy $24 and Casilla for Benintendi and Martes. Is that a no too?
                    I just wouldn't deal Benintendi, period. Not in a keeper league, this guy is a superstar in the making. Beltre is old, Casilla is crappy, and Duffy is too expensive.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      I just wouldn't deal Benintendi, period. Not in a keeper league, this guy is a superstar in the making. Beltre is old, Casilla is crappy, and Duffy is too expensive.
                      Yep. Don't deal Benintendi.

Comment

No no no no no!

Comment

Agree the offer is a polite but flat no.

Given your roster, I'd assume you're in a strong position in the league. If so, I'll differ with others and say that I'd be willing to deal Benintendi, but only for an absolute top-tier SP - Kershaw, Sale, Scherzer, Kluber. Or a really good young SP if they're at a good price - CMart, McCullers, MFulmer, Severino. I might do it with Strasburg or Darvish, too.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Is there anyone dumping? You should be able to get a king's ransom for Benintendi, not the Adrian Beltres of the world.

Comment

There's a clear top two, both pushing 150 points, then another two around 115-120. Then there's four of us sitting between 102-110.

The Kershaw/Strasburg/Bumgarner owner will only move one of the three for Trout, so that's a no go. The 1st place team has Sale/Scherzer/Kluber so that's a no go too. The team at the bottom has Quintana $21, then the team above him has Greg Holland $12, Colome $14, Osuna $7, Darvish $9, Tallion $8.

I'd prefer to move Conforto and Martes for a pitching upgrade, but I can't find a taker on either.

Comment

Working...
                              X