Who to drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who to drop?

I want to activate Cahill for his start Tue. The obvious candidates are Estrada or JMontgomery.

The hitting option would be Morales since I have EE/Bour/Bellinger/Cruz/Yellich/Trumbo for 5 spots.

Thoughts?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Probably Morales...1B/DH types are pretty easy to find on the WW if necessary. I hate Estrada, but he can reel off a nice string if he gets his crap together...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Probably Morales...1B/DH types are pretty easy to find on the WW if necessary. I hate Estrada, but he can reel off a nice string if he gets his crap together...
      Good call. There are plenty of better guys on the WW right now. Valencia, Taylor, Souza, Jaso, etc. And you echoed my thought on Estrada.

Comment

Souza is on waivers? .270/16/53!

How is Jaso better than Morales? Unless we're talking about Pedro Morales.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Souza is on waivers? .270/16/53!

How is Jaso better than Morales? Unless we're talking about Pedro Morales.
          Same eligibility and better stats the last 14d.

It's a 3 OF league. I had Souza but dropped him when he cooled off.

Comment

Honestly, I would just let Cahill go. Souza is way better than Jaso and I'm sure there are comparable pitchers on the wire that will outperform Cahill.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              Honestly, I would just let Cahill go. Souza is way better than Jaso and I'm sure there are comparable pitchers on the wire that will outperform Cahill.
              I considered this. WW options are: Dickey, Folty, Feldman, Clevinger, Miranda, Hammel, Meyer

I like most of them but Cahill has been more consistent with a better K-rate. Estrada is getting hammered despite a good K-rate. Hoping the ASB will break him out of his funk.

I already have bats on the bench so I think Morales makes the most sense...as noted there are better players available.

25 adds per season and I have used 16 as of week 14 so I can't go crazy unless I trade for a few.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                Same eligibility and better stats the last 14d.

It's a 3 OF league. I had Souza but dropped him when he cooled off.
                That's a funky way of claiming one player is better, but if that works for you, have at it. In a limited WW move environment, you should look past just 14 days of stats. I wouldn't take 10 John Jasos (or Danny Valencias) for a healthy Kendrys.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  That's a funky way of claiming one player is better, but if that works for you, have at it. In a limited WW move environment, you should look past just 14 days of stats. I wouldn't take 10 John Jasos (or Danny Valencias) for a healthy Kendrys.
                  I agree, maybe the better way to phrase it is "currently on more of a hot streak than", rather than "better than"

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    I agree, maybe the better way to phrase it is "currently on more of a hot streak than", rather than "better than"
                    That's fair. My point was that there are several players better than / outperforming Morales on the WW, and he's a spare part as it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X