Trea Turner Broken Wrist...6-29-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trea Turner Broken Wrist...6-29-17

Damn, looks like Trea Turner broke his wrist today...no timetable for his return. Per WaPo.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Sucks for fantasy owners, but for the Nats, they could get him back in late-August or September.

Comment

He had been on a role, playing great. Is late August the best case scenario? Can't remember off hand of any broken wrists being less than 6 weeks....I guess we will know soon enough.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-29-2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Freddie Freeman looks like he could get back in seven but they probably won't push him. Late August is probably optimistic.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

My trade offer for Turner was rejected just a few hours before the injury.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            I'm overseas at the moment and the end-of-day fantasy league email exchanges happen when I'm asleep, so I wake up and catch up. In one league, I'm in first with a small lead and a competitor does a huge deal, getting Turner. A leaguemate posts that "somewhere in Hanoi, Tim is having a nightmare." I saw the trade and thought, "damn." Then I kept reading and saw that Turner had broken his wrist, and the deal is still good for him but not what it would have been with Turner. So, a lot happened while I slept.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              But you have no chance this year and he is a great keeper. Not sure why youre so happy?
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I made a deal with Hammer in our 18 team mixed keeper league. I paid a hell of a price for Turner (Pollock and Stanton), but in the end he's worth it in a keeper league. As Pete said to be, he's a foundational piece. He'll give you insane steals, probably 15-20 homers, 100+ runs, and a close to .300+ average most seasons.

I'm with Mith (man that sounds weird! LOL), if you're out of it, and can get him in a keeper league, get him now.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Will Turner be activated this week? We are entering our playoffs and I need to make a decision whether to insert Turner into my lineup or not. He would take the place of Zach Cozart or Ryan Zimmerman. I'm already dealing with Bellinger being out until Wednesday and there is the possibility than Gary Sanchez could drop his suspension appeal, putting my team at grave risk this week. I would hate to have Turner go off on the base paths while sitting on my bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                    Will Turner be activated this week? We are entering our playoffs and I need to make a decision whether to insert Turner into my lineup or not. He would take the place of Zach Cozart or Ryan Zimmerman. I'm already dealing with Bellinger being out until Wednesday and there is the possibility than Gary Sanchez could drop his suspension appeal, putting my team at grave risk this week. I would hate to have Turner go off on the base paths while sitting on my bench.
                    He is eligible to be activated tomorrow and has been playing in the minors for a week. I don't see why he wouldn't get 4+ games this week.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      He is eligible to be activated tomorrow and has been playing in the minors for a week. I don't see why he wouldn't get 4+ games this week.
                      Not so sure. This was said by Baker 2 days ago.

"As for Jayson Werth and Trea Turner, who were both in Nationals Park today before they head out for a rehab game with the Potomac Nationals, Baker said he wasn’t quite sure when they’ll be ready to return.

“They’re here, I have to talk to Jayson after talking to you guys, and I don’t know how close they are, but I’ll talk to them.”

I don’t want them back struggling,” Baker added, “I’d like them back kind of near the top of their game, I don’t know if you can expect them to be at the top of their game, but near the top of their game.”

Turner is 1 for 21 since 8/21. Probably a dumb move on my part but I'm going to insert Turner for Zimmerman, who I'm equally worried about.

Comment

He's going to be activated today.

Comment

Hopefully I made the right decision, so here is hoping that he doesn't go 1 for 21 this week.

Comment

Working...
                          X