Nelson effing Cruz.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nelson effing Cruz.....

He's producing but hasn't hit a HR since June 2. That's a looooooooooooooooooong time for someone with this juice.

Are his calf issues causing power problems?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Seems like the best explanation. Or another injury with it that he's just not recovered from.

Wonder if the Mith jink still works.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Seems like the best explanation. Or another injury with it that he's just not recovered from.

Wonder if the Mith jink still works.
      Apparently not. He has been pathetic.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'm older than hell, but I've had a calf injury for a couple of months now. 90% of the time I don't even notice it, and then, BAM! Out of nowhere it grabs and I'm limping like someone stabbed me. I can see how it'd still be bugging him...as an owner myself, I've noticed a LOT of warning track fly balls that look good off the bat, but never quite carry.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          I'm older than hell, but I've had a calf injury for a couple of months now. 90% of the time I don't even notice it, and then, BAM! Out of nowhere it grabs and I'm limping like someone stabbed me. I can see how it'd still be bugging him...as an owner myself, I've noticed a LOT of warning track fly balls that look good off the bat, but never quite carry.
          If it lingers all year, is it folly to not try and deal him while he still has quite a bit of value?

Comment

I don't know...he's still giving you average and RBI. And he'll likely end up with 30 Homers...just not the 40 we've gotten used to.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

At age 37, even the best of players become a huge gamble. Happy Birthday Nelson!
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Nelson Cruz (3 HR last 3 games) says hi, Mith. Thanks for the reverse jink.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                  Trade him NOW Mith!

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                    Actually 5 homers in the last 7 games...I think that his knee is feeling better.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      Actually 5 homers in the last 7 games...I think that his knee is feeling better.
                      Trade him NOW Mith!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Trade him NOW Mith!!
                        Hahaha.

I actually offered him for Archer a few weeks ago, but pulled it after it sat a day. Thank goodness the other owner didnt respond. Also offered him and Nunez for Stras right after i pulled the previous deal, but other owner was concerned about Cruz slumping.

Comment

Trade him NOW Mith!!
                          I should have. He has sucked ass the last 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            I should have. He has sucked ass the last 2 weeks.
                            He will be hot next week.

Comment

He will be hot next week.
                              Why??

Comment

Working...
                              X