Who to drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who to drop?

I have a couple guys coming off the DL (Villar and Hamels) and need to make some room. One drop is going to be Neris..The other is between Pham, Piscotty, Conforto, Chris Davis? I was leaning toward either Piscotty or Pham, but open to other suggestions...

Given a choice of who you have listed, it has to be between Piscotty and Pham. No other possibilities?

Comment

Neris and Villar, I think. When do you have to decide? Villar's not playing today even though he got activated, so that's something. I don't think he's an everyday player now. Do you need steals that badly?
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Gotta disagree with Mike here, you can't cut a guy who hit 19 homers and stole 68 bags last year, you just can't.

Neris is the obvious one, and I think that Pham is going to come back to earth once Fowler comes back. He's got 4th outfielder written all over him...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'd cut Neris and Pham too. And I guess I'm the only one who would consider just letting Hamels go. As Horns said with Villar, I guess you have to hold Hamels for what he has been, but right now, he does not look right at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I'd cut Neris and Pham too. And I guess I'm the only one who would consider just letting Hamels go. As Horns said with Villar, I guess you have to hold Hamels for what he has been, but right now, he does not look right at all.
            Good catch, Hamels slipped right by me. I'd cut him too...I had him last year and watched him implode, and he did the same thing last night. Unless you REALLY need pitching, and can afford to sit on him to see if he come out of it...he's your other cut, IMO.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Neris and Hamels (Camel Holes)

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                I think that Pham is going to come back to earth once Fowler comes back. He's got 4th outfielder written all over him...
                You could be right, and admittedly he's old to be getting a shot at starting so maybe they don't like him that much, but he has about a full season's worth of at bats in the majors and he has 23 HR, 11 SB, and a .257/.346/.466 line. Grichuk has a .250/.299/.481 line for his career. It's not out of the question that he sticks.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

maybe I should move this into the Cardinals thread, because I think it's going to be interesting (and not just because I traded for Pham in two of my three leagues) - Pham was benched today.

Grichuk: 3 for 5, HR, 2B, 3 R, 4 RBI, BB, K
                  Pham pinch hit: 1 for 1, R, 2 RBI, SB

Comment

hope you kept Villar

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      hope you kept Villar
                      I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        hope you kept Villar
                        Haha....I did

Comment

Working...