Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what would you give for Gleyber Torres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what would you give for Gleyber Torres?

One of the contenders is offering Gleyber Torres so he can make a run.

Considering the injury itself, and the set back in playing time what would you be willing to pay for him?

In our league (AL only 5x5) he will be $15 when activated. You get him for 3 years or can give him a raise at $5 per year after year two.

I dunno...really, he has no position right now, with Didi and Castro both playing so well. I guess that he could play 3rd, but that seems like a bit of a waste given his (supposed) defensive talents. 15 bucks a season is pretty steep, IMO, what's your budget?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

$260 is the budget.

After the auction we have a 13 round draft for rookies and leftovers. 1st round picks are assigned a $15 value. 2nd and 3rd rounds are $10.

Comment

I don't trust both Didi and Castro long term. I'm fairly certain once Torres is healthy and has time to get rid of the rust and get ready for the bigs--likely not till August or September of next year, or the following year, they will find a spot for him in the MIF. That said, $15 isn't cheap. Outside of outliers llke Judge and Bellinger, few rookies will earn well past $15, so he may not provide positive value for you till 2020.

Comment

I wouldnt roster him for $15 in my 10 team AL 4X4
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Wait, you said "when activated." Does that mean you can wait, or is he active now? Do you have a minor league squad? Your post is unclear.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Wait, you said "when activated." Does that mean you can wait, or is he active now? Do you have a minor league squad? Your post is unclear.
              Yes we have a minor league system. I would have him free until I activate him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Yes we have a minor league system. I would have him free until I activate him.
                Well then hells yeah I'd go after him now. He'll never be cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                X