How much longer til trading season??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much longer til trading season??

At least in the NL it is pretty clear who the contenders are, yet we arent seeing any trades yet. When will the Marlins, Braves, Padres, Pirates etc etc start moving some pieces!?!??

would like to see some fireworks already.

Hechevarria is supposedly on the move.

Comment

If my calculations are correct, July 19 is when Starling Marte is eligible to return. So, i wouldn't expect Andrew McCutchen to get traded before that. The Pirates may be content with getting a first round draft pick as compensation and paying a $1 million buyout if they can't get several good prospects for him in a trade. Or they could surprise everyone and pick up his $14.75 million option in 2018. It's not much more than the $14 million salary that Cutch is getting this year.

Gerrit Cole has been pitching better recently. But, his numbers this year and last year are not quite All-Star caliber. So, the Pirates may consider his first year arbitration cost to be more affordable now and keep him around for another season.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X