NL only trade help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only trade help please.

12 team NL only 5x5 ultra keeper. $260 budget.

I am in second and needing some offensive help. I have a $21b Pollack. I offered Pollock and couple of throw ins for Ian Happ 15A, Javier Baez 9b, and Joc Pederson 15 for two more years and done. He came back and said take Baez out and he will do the deal.

Pollack will be back soon. I can wait, but I am not sure how good he will be coming back.

Would you pull the trigger for Happ and Pederson. Pederson takes over for my Schwarber who is now in the minors.

Schwarber should make his way back with enough time to give you 2 months of play, Pollack about 3 months so the question is--are those 5 months better for your team than the 6 months of Happ and Pederson? If he'd add Baez, I might do the deal as it gives tyou a ton of flexibility as Baez quals so many positions, otherwise I think I'd hold onto Pollack and wait for Kyle to get it fixed and return.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Pederson's been hot since he came off the DL, Happ's looked good, and Pollock just had some complications and all of his injuries are the kind that will slow him down. I'd do it. If Happ is anything close to this good and is 2B/OF next year, he's probably still not quite as good a keeper as Pollock but he's decent.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Schwarber should make his way back with enough time to give you 2 months of play, Pollack about 3 months so the question is--are those 5 months better for your team than the 6 months of Happ and Pederson? If he'd add Baez, I might do the deal as it gives tyou a ton of flexibility as Baez quals so many positions, otherwise I think I'd hold onto Pollack and wait for Kyle to get it fixed and return.
        If I am reading this right he needs to do my original deal. Or are you suggesting that Happ and Baez would do the trick?

Schwarbs can take my UT spot when he figures it out.

Comment

Joc Pederson has shown over 3+ years that he can't hit for average, and doesn't run anymore. In an NL only he's simply OK...nothing more.

I'd tell him to take Pederson out of the deal and put Baez back in, or no deal.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            If I am reading this right he needs to do my original deal. Or are you suggesting that Happ and Baez would do the trick?

Schwarbs can take my UT spot when he figures it out.
            Happs and Baez, I'm with Horns on Pederson, though if you can get all 3--do it.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
            X