Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankee Stadium...

Is a joke...

Nothing more than a barely overgrown little league field. Anything hit out to right should be declared a ground rule single if it's in the lower deck.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

With the exception of the backstop being closer it has the same playing field dimensions as the old Yankee Stadium. That is, the listed ones are the same for the lines, alleys, and straight away CF.
    Last edited by madducks; 06-24-2017, 06:22 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      With the exception of the backstop being closer it has the same playing field dimensions as the old Yankee Stadium. That is, the listed ones are the same for the lines, alleys, and straight away CF.
      The dimensions are the same as old Yankee Stadium but the stands are configured differently creating a wind tunnel that helps the ball fly out of the stadium.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        The wind direction makes a difference in the new park, and the old park had little league dimensions as well, IMO. Bush gave up a routine fly ball last night, and it was out of the park by several rows. There's a lot of speculation that the measurements aren't exactly accurate either...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          The wind direction makes a difference in the new park, and the old park had little league dimensions as well, IMO. Bush gave up a routine fly ball last night, and it was out of the park by several rows. There's a lot of speculation that the measurements aren't exactly accurate either...

http://waswatching.com/2009/04/19/is...a-homer-haven/
          Both teams get the same dimensions when they bat...

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            Both teams get the same dimensions when they bat...
            Really? Gosh, that's good to know!

Except the Yankees get it 81 times a year, and they learn to play the park, just like Boston can play the Green Monster.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

the Green Monster is complicated to handle, defensively.

Yankee Stadium RF, not so much. just look up and turn to watch the ball land in the seats.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Really? Gosh, that's good to know!

Except the Yankees get it 81 times a year, and they learn to play the park, just like Boston can play the Green Monster.
                They also have to pitch 81 games there. It's a two way street.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Again, when it's your home park, you learn the subtle nuances about how to use it to your favor. Yes, the Yankees also have to pitch there, but they DO have a slight advantage from playing there 81 times a year rather than a handful. That's just one reason why teams play better at home.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

the original reason i thought the stadium did that was how the pitcher Chien-Ming Wang did. he went from winning 19 games in consecutive seasons to terrible. i guess he was a pitch to contact guy. although back then it was about the wind. so i don't know if they changed anything since then. and Wang never pitched good again with other teams. the yankees could just get a staff of high strikeout guys. and try to get 5-6 innings out of the starter and bring in stud relievers. so they could shape their pitching to take advantage of their 81 games, and other teams might have pitch to contact guys like josh tomin and vargas that get shelled. lol

i also thought hitters complain more about stadium dimensions than pitchers. so it would be easier to sign stud free agent hitters while still being able to sign pitchers.

Comment

Working...
                    X