HDID Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID Trade

I just landed an expiring Rizzo and at cost Pomeranz for my $1 Maybin, $2 Porcello (due for extension next year), and Jacob Faria.

I'm happy about the deal, although trading Maybin leaves me thin in the OF at the moment, and trading for Rizzo pushes the hot Logan Morrison to my bench--1b/corner was easily my deepest position even before the deal. And I hate to give up Faria, as I need more pitching. But even all that said, there is no way I could have passed on acquiring Rizzo, right?

when does Rizzo get 2B eligibility in your league? He's at 9 games at second already...
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      when does Rizzo get 2B eligibility in your league? He's at 9 games at second already...
      ESPN, so 10, I think. I didn't realize that, but it doesn't really matter too much. My second deepest position is 2b--I have Murphy, Carpenter, and Dozier elg there. But that would allow me to trade him elsewhere for a ton, or trade one of my other 2bman, so that is great. Any idea on when he'll get his 10th game played?
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-23-2017, 01:38 AM.

Comment

I don't get this deal for you...you need pitching, but you're trading some away, and not really getting much pitching in return. And no reason to bench LoMo at this point...It seems like you're doing a deal just to do a deal.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

To Rizzo getting his 10th game - Joe Maddon is his coach, so it could be today or in August.

On the deal, just this deal on its own, I see Hornsby's point. But if you now deal one of your 2B and LoMo (who I believe will come crashing to earth soon) to upgrade your OF and P, then this deal could be a huge win for you.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            To Rizzo getting his 10th game - Joe Maddon is his coach, so it could be today or in August.

On the deal, just this deal on its own, I see Hornsby's point. But if you now deal one of your 2B and LoMo (who I believe will come crashing to earth soon) to upgrade your OF and P, then this deal could be a huge win for you.
            That was my thinking. Hornsby is right--I often deal just to deal. I thought I was getting the better of this deal, selling high on Maybin and Faria, so I pulled the tigger and hoped to address needs in another deal. It is a gamble, but my plan is to now flip other assets for pitching help. We will see if that works out. I can afford to sit tight for awhile, as I am in first place. My offense is stacked, and I'm in first in Ks, but middle of the pack on all other stats, so hopefully I can get an arm or two to help me down the road.

I don't really need an OFer right now--I have Bryant, Yellich, Cruz, Gomez, and Chisenell starting in a 14 team mixed league, so I'm good there. I just have no OFers on my bench, which scares me a bit, as I like to have one, ideally with multip position elg, in case one of the starting five go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I don't get this deal for you...you need pitching, but you're trading some away, and not really getting much pitching in return. And no reason to bench LoMo at this point...It seems like you're doing a deal just to do a deal.
              Yeah, this was my thought as well. I have guys in my leagues who deal just to deal, and you know what? They're the ones who often louse their teams up royally.

While I agree with Chance that this LoMo ride may end soon, it's still June 23rd and he's leading the AL in HRs.

Comment

Working...
              X