Trade Proposal Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Proposal Help

Currently in 2nd place, 12 points out of first, but alot of categories are close and points are there for taking, especially in pitching. For example, with just two wins, two quality starts and 1 save, I could narrow that gap by 5-6 points. 6x6 cats including OPS and Quality Starts.

I have a few very very valuable keepers that I'm looking to make a flags fly forever trade but having a hard time gauging their value / what I should be netting in return so I wanted to ask the pen for some help!

My two main assets: Cody Bellinger ($1 this year and the next two years, option for a 4th year at $15), Eloy Jimenez (free this year since he is in the minors, $5 the next 3 years, option for $20 for the 5th year). Alex Reyes (same deal as Bellinger) is also a strong asset but the other owner is really focused on the first two right now. Obviously Bellinger has been a huge help for me so far this year so any trade would need to match his production and his future value.

My trade partners main pieces: Non-keeper eligible players such as Mike Trout, Aaron Judge, Anthony Rendon, King Felix and Greg Holland. Higher Priced and may not be kept assets such as Goldschmidt ($47 this year and the next two years - he's at value in our league) and Josh Donaldson ($41 this year and the next two years - slightly above value in our league, expected him to go closer to $35 in the draft). And finally, good value keepers such as Cano ($19, one year left), Strasburg ($25, two years left), Stroman ($4, two years left) and Robbie Ray ($1, two years left). He has Victor Robles in the minors but I doubt he'd include him if he's trying to rebuild.

So, what would be a good proposal for Bellinger or Jimenez straight up or even for both of them combined? If you were to trade both, would you want/need 2-3 pieces that include Trout, Goldy, Judge, Donaldson, Strasburg, etc?

Thanks in advance for the help! I can post my full team if needed but the post was already long enough!

Do you have any salary cap considerations? Given that you specifically mention that Judge isn't keeper-eligible, it seems likely that Bellinger is the best keeper available for next year, or at least it's not unreasonable to try to sell him that way. I can't guess how your league values minor leaguers - it really varies a lot between leagues - but for Bellinger alone I'd probably want about 2.5 pieces. I think Goldschmidt, Judge, Stroman is a reasonable starting point.

also, that guy has Trout, Judge, Rendon, Goldschmidt, and Donaldson and he's selling? aiyaa.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      Do you have any salary cap considerations? Given that you specifically mention that Judge isn't keeper-eligible, it seems likely that Bellinger is the best keeper available for next year, or at least it's not unreasonable to try to sell him that way. I can't guess how your league values minor leaguers - it really varies a lot between leagues - but for Bellinger alone I'd probably want about 2.5 pieces. I think Goldschmidt, Judge, Stroman is a reasonable starting point.

also, that guy has Trout, Judge, Rendon, Goldschmidt, and Donaldson and he's selling? aiyaa.
      Thanks mjl - we only have a salary cap for the auction ($300) but no in-season cap so any salaries this year will just affect what my keeper list/auction cap could look like next year. Agreed that Bellinger is likely the best or 2nd best keeper going into next year. Our league values minor leaguers pretty decently since we can draft them for free if they're in the minors and then they are cost controllable for their first 3 years which is nice. I'd say Jimenez, if he continues to rake, would be a top 10 keeper in our league going into next year.

The guy spent almost $150 of his $300 budget on Trout, Goldy and Donaldson alone which is why the rest of his team isn't so hot as he had to take alot of cheaper gambles. The injuries to Donaldson and Trout, coupled with the bad starts by some of his other keepers like Story, Schwarber, Carlos Santana, Harvey, etc. has limited him alot.

Comment

Working...
      X