Roster checking tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    btw, the other thing I was considering building was a tool that would update the salaries for FAAB'ed players in leagues where the salary is what was paid in FAAB, but I don't have an administrator account to test it with. If there's someone out there who wants that functionality enough to let me use your account for a night, let me know. You can change the password to some temporary value while I'm playing with it and change it back to your normal one afterward.
    What platform? CBS?

Comment

It runs automatically at 2 AM on the days that we have roster moves available
      I'm curious - what is your task scheduler?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        What platform? CBS?
        yeah, if for no other reason than that's what RJEL uses.

I'm curious - what is your task scheduler?
        Surprisingly enough, it's the Windows 10 Scheduled Tasks functionality. I created a JAR file and pointed the task scheduler to it and it works even when my computer is asleep as long as I don't log out.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Makes sense for what it does. Good tool for the job.

Long term if you start making additional complex scripts it may make sense to use a cloud based redundant option like the azure scheduler for example.

Comment

FYI, CBS already has the 'salary becomes what you paid in FAAB' functionality.

What it doesn't have is where the new salary only becomes the FAAB salary if the FAAB salary is higher.

Comment

What kind of processing do you have to do for FAAB? Can you see all of the bids? I assume so since one of my leagues does Vickrey basically by hand...
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

What kind of processing do you have to do for FAAB? Can you see all of the bids? I assume so since one of my leagues does Vickrey basically by hand...
                It all depends on what option is chosen by the commish/league.

If it's automated by CBS, the commish cannot see the bids and the FAAB run is done sometime in the early-morning hours. No processing is done by hand.

If it's a manual FAAB process, the commish can see the bids and all processing is done by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                  I think you should spend your free time developing a Vintage Draft Baseball site - so we can start holding some drafts again that isn't JUST tied to this site.
                  god damn, writing an extensible object that can handle all of the rules variants we have for VDs is a bitch. I'm going to start "small" with just decades. Is anyone here other than bryanbutler a coder? I should probably put this in Git so I could get someone else to look at my code occasionally. Ken, are you a coder or are you just well-informed?

Comment

god damn, writing an extensible object that can handle all of the rules variants we have for VDs is a bitch. I'm going to start "small" with just decades. Is anyone here other than bryanbutler a coder? I should probably put this in Git so I could get someone else to look at my code occasionally. Ken, are you a coder or are you just well-informed?
                    Wish I could help you but I am old and a computer idiot. Heye talked about working on this at one time - not sure what his computer skills are tho.

Comment

Software development for the past 15 years for me.

Comment

Software development for the past 15 years for me.
                        I nominate Ken to participate in our next VD once this tool is completed.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          I nominate Ken to participate in our next VD once this tool is completed.
                          I second that probably turn out to be " Robot II "

Comment

I'm a novice, but need a project to learn more.

Controller Jacobs is the other guy you want (besides Ken it sounds like). Plus scott has had plenty of experience with VD.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              I'm a novice, Plus scott has had plenty of experience with VD.

Comment

Working...
                              X