Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-MLB Draft" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    be on the 40-man?
    Turn 20?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      be on the 40-man?
      Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Turn 20?
      I hear the money issues. They could generate some real buzz for a month. It isn't all one sided.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

It's pretty one-sided. If they care about next year, bringing him up for September just takes away from time he can be up next year if they want to avoid him being a Super Two player, and if he's actually good it makes it even harder for them to start him in the minors next year a la Bryant/Springer, and they'd also have to take someone off the 40-man to do it.

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

So, no amount of superhuman play will sufffice?

His August numbers are insane enough .390/.438/.610, 4 HR, 2 SB, but for Aug 14 - 20 it's .481/.500/.889, 3 HR. No wonder he won Hitter of the Week.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

As a multi-league Acuna owner and someone who lives in Atlanta, I would be very surprised if they called him up due to the 40-man issue. Braves don't want to have to cut someone to add him basically is my understanding. Performance wise, there is nothing more he can do and it actually annoys me when I see sites that don't have him as the #1 prospect right now as he sure is from a fantasy lens at least.

Comment

After Devers and Moncada graduate, probably Otani will be #1 on my list. Acuna would be next.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                As a multi-league Acuna owner and someone who lives in Atlanta, I would be very surprised if they called him up due to the 40-man issue. Braves don't want to have to cut someone to add him basically is my understanding. Performance wise, there is nothing more he can do and it actually annoys me when I see sites that don't have him as the #1 prospect right now as he sure is from a fantasy lens at least.
                Our Atlanta resident is pissed that I got to him first. He's doing unimportant things like trying to win a title. Got mine last year.

Is there any chance he does not start 2018 in Hotlanta?

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                After Devers and Moncada graduate, probably Otani will be #1 on my list. Acuna would be next.
                So first among MiLB players. I'm guessing Gleyber Torres fell out of the top 10. Robles, Rodgers and Rosario in the next five?

J
                Last edited by onejayhawk; 08-23-2017, 01:45 PM.
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  Is there any chance he does not start 2018 in Hotlanta?
                  well, Bryant and Springer had comparable wRC+ numbers in half-seasons in AAA, and the Cubs were actually trying to be good that year, and they still got held down a couple weeks. Acuna clearly deserves to be up, but we'll see what the Braves think of their chances next year and whether a month of Acuna is worth a year less of him on the back end. Granted that as that article I linked pointed out they were surprisingly aggressive with Swanson/Albies so maybe they're more likely to have him up than other teams would be.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    Every indication is that Hoskins is ready now. I watch the Phillies a lot and can see that he has an advanced, quiet approach at the plate. Solid power to go with discipline. Bit of a butcher in the OF; there's virtually no chance that the Phillies will hold him back for Joseph.
                    With his 8th today, Hoskins is now tied for 7th on the phillies for HRs on the season. In 50 ABs. He's currently slugging (.729) higher than Tommy Joseph's OPS (.722)
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Since Hoskins first 4 games where he went 1 for 13 he has homered 8 out of the 12 games. RW stated that he that his 9 HR in 16 games is the fastest in ML history. But impressive as that stat is he has 11 BB to 12 K and as long as he can continue his plate discipline there is no reason for the Phillies to not start him every game they can. I don't know what the Phillies future plans are for their OF and 1B positions but I would think Joseph will be the long term loser here. Of course we still have another month to go in the season and still possible Joseph who has hit well last several games could finish well and that might muddy the thinking up.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                        Since Hoskins first 4 games where he went 1 for 13 he has homered 8 out of the 12 games. RW stated that he that his 9 HR in 16 games is the fastest in ML history. But impressive as that stat is he has 11 BB to 12 K and as long as he can continue his plate discipline there is no reason for the Phillies to not start him every game they can. I don't know what the Phillies future plans are for their OF and 1B positions but I would think Joseph will be the long term loser here. Of course we still have another month to go in the season and still possible Joseph who has hit well last several games could finish well and that might muddy the thinking up.
                        Another 1 in each of the last 2 games. Now 11 in 18 games.

Unless there's some sort of trade I think Joseph is certainly the loser here. OF will be Williams, Herrera, Altherr with Hoskins at first.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Joseph has battled of late and I own him, but Hoskins is the 1B next year. Joseph is a PH or more likely gets dealt (and not for much. 40 HR, 110 RBI in 824 PA in MLB doesn't sound terrible, but he has a 100 OPS+ - not good enough at 1B unless you're desperate.)
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Is there an end of season list coming RHD? Also, looking for some guys to pick up that may be good holds in case they make the bigs next year. Got AJ Reed a few years ago and was able to flip him in offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by deaccat View Post
                              Is there an end of season list coming RHD? Also, looking for some guys to pick up that may be good holds in case they make the bigs next year. Got AJ Reed a few years ago and was able to flip him in offseason.
                              BA just said they will be starting their League Top 20's next week, so I will post a new list this weekend sometime. Next list after that should be rt before they start their Team Top 10's, which should be around mid November.

Comment

Working...
                              X