2K17: Matt Carpenter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K17: Matt Carpenter

What is going on with Matt Carpenter? I don't get it. He's not a .213 hitter but he is right now. His hard-hit percentage looks good (42%) and in line with 2016. He's hitting 48% flyballs, 23% line drives but still touts a poor .238 BABIP.

Even his HR/FB is in line with the last couple years. He's got to break out in a big way soon.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

I think he's trying to hit all fly balls and join the power revolution, but it's not quite working.

Comment

I'd bet on a rebound. This is not a .213 hitter.

Comment

Yeah high flyball rate with a 13% HR/FB is going to be a lot of outs.

Comment

Well they are hitting him leadoff tonight and he loves that spot so maybe this will help him in his approach.

Comment

One split is a positive - he's hitting poorly at home, which will naturally straighten itself out.

Three other splits suggest there could be something wrong - he's hit poorly vs lefties, vs power pitchers and for the last 4 weeks.
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

I get the average is low but he is on pace for 26hr and 80 rbi, which are inline with his career numbers. Even the obp is a good .355. Better days are ahead but by no means has he been a bust so far.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Apparently hitting leadoff suits him. Another HR and a base hit today.

Comment

Working...
                X