Dinelson Lamet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinelson Lamet

Dinelson Lamet is available for FAAB tonight in our NL only 5x5 keeper.

Any bid $25 or higher and there is a penalty in real cash to drop him.

I am battling for first, and currently have 59 out of 60 pitching points. This would be a defensive move first and then a luxury. I am guessing that third place bids $24 on him.

I kind of think he is for real.

Thoughts?

Phew...I'm less confident for this year. If all goes well, and he matches his AA/AAA numbers, he's a low to mid 3s ERA (Great!), 1.25-1.3 WHIP (Meh), to roughly a K/IP (More great!). Given that he's with the Pads, that'll come with a likely very low win total. I think a more likely case is upper 3s to low 4s ERA and a 1.3 WHIP, though the Ks will be there.

Given the very strong likelihood that there will be some serious AL sellers - Royals and White Sox come immediately to mind, and I'd not be surprised to see TB shopping Archer again, and Toronto could be selling some BIG pieces, and a NL market that I think will be buying (Nats, Cubs, Dodgers, and maybe Colorado and/or Arizona), I think you'll be better off holding FAAB money for a month.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I spent $6 on him in hopes of a call-up 2 days before he was recalled.

Archer won't be shopped as much as Cobb & Odorizzi will be whether the team is contending or not.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        ... Given the very strong likelihood that there will be some serious AL sellers - Royals and White Sox come immediately to mind, and I'd not be surprised to see TB shopping Archer again, and Toronto could be selling some BIG pieces, and a NL market that I think will be buying (Nats, Cubs, Dodgers, and maybe Colorado and/or Arizona), I think you'll be better off holding FAAB money for a month.
        just FYI, Toronto dumping is getting less likely by the day ... now 2.5 games back of a wildcard spot. I actually think there will be pretty few sellers this year aside from the obvious clubs.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          just FYI, Toronto dumping is getting less likely by the day ... now 2.5 games back of a wildcard spot. I actually think there will be pretty few sellers this year aside from the obvious clubs.
          What's the vibe on Sanchez? Trying to decipher if I can count on him for some wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            What's the vibe on Sanchez? Trying to decipher if I can count on him for some wins.
            probably should move this to the Jays thread but they're pretty quiet - blisters can be notoriously bothersome. Word right now is that he's not throwing & they're taking their time so he might not be back until after the ASG.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

What did you bid, and did you get him, Gregg?

Comment

I went $15 in RJEL, no idea what else was bid. I got him in this and every other league I'm in

Comment

Darren Balsley, the Padres pitching coach for years, says Lamet is top 5 of all pitchers he's ever worked with.

That's not faint praise.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

What did you bid, and did you get him, Gregg?
                    I decided to go after him. I bid $27 and got him. I still have $35 left to play with.

We cannot see other bids for a given player so I do not know if it was needed or not.

We had a player bid on him a week before he was eligible by our rules (the day before he pitched his first game). CBS awarded him Lamet. I had to contact him (and the comish) to overturn the claim. He sent me an email that said I promise you will have to pay more than $24 to get him. He could have been messing with me but just as easily place the $24 bid.

I decided to make a real bid for him. If he works out I can trade another one of my pitchers for a need.

Comment

Wow, bold move. He costs you $54 if he tanks and you want to dump him going into next year, right?

Comment

I picked him up after his first start in my NL only (I had Amir Garrett on the DL) and bid $11, someone else bid $10. In our league all FAAB players can be kept for one year (not contract extensions allowed) but all salaries must be bumped to $10 if they are under $10. So $10 is usually the magic number for a young player with potential. That's why I went to $11. I hope it works out. I have Garrett, Bumgarner and Wood on the DL and will have to make some hard choices if/when everyone is back and healthy.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Wow, bold move. He costs you $54 if he tanks and you want to dump him going into next year, right?
                          Yep, 54 bucks to drop him. If he helps me win it will be more than worth it.

I did find out that the 3rd place team bid 24 on him. Do not know if anyone bid more.

Comment

Working...
                          X