Nola or Roark for rest of the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nola or Roark for rest of the year.

Both have X contracts so are done after this year. This is an NL 5x5 deep league.

Who would you rather have for the rest of the year?

Nola. He looks healthy and he's way better if he's healthy. Roark has been worked hard and may not hold up. I know Roark will crush Nola in wins but I'll take the edge in all the other categories.

Comment

Thank you JC.

I ended up trading Roark and keeping Nola.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Thank you JC.

I ended up trading Roark and keeping Nola.
        you did good kid :P
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Ok OK - I like Nola slightly better

there now are you happy - of course my thoughts are too late to be of use

Comment

I would take Roark due to better team and less injury risk. Bit of a roll of the dice tho....

Comment

was looking for a Roark thread, and the title of this one from May 2017 was too good to pass up!

anyway, I am that "4th place and almost 20 points out" time of year where you just have to take a big gamble or two and hope the pixie dust lasts 2 months!

SP staff of Kershaw, AWood, CAnderson, CRichard, Straily, and Roark

meh. but I went 4-man rotation most of year before just adding CAnderson in a trade and a lame duck Roark off waivers (Roark had 8 scoreless out of the blue yesterday after pitching batting practice most of the season).
              7 more W = 6 more W pts
              35 more K = 5 more K pts

am 2nd in ERA and Ratio, which will be tough to maintain obviously

#goRoarkgo
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                was looking for a Roark thread, and the title of this one from May 2017 was too good to pass up!

anyway, I am that "4th place and almost 20 points out" time of year where you just have to take a big gamble or two and hope the pixie dust lasts 2 months!

SP staff of Kershaw, AWood, CAnderson, CRichard, Straily, and Roark

meh. but I went 4-man rotation most of year before just adding CAnderson in a trade and a lame duck Roark off waivers (Roark had 8 scoreless out of the blue yesterday after pitching batting practice most of the season).
                7 more W = 6 more W pts
                35 more K = 5 more K pts

am 2nd in ERA and Ratio, which will be tough to maintain obviously

#goRoarkgo
                Ha, how things change.

I hope he is lights out for you. Best of luck!

Nola went for $29 in the auction this year. I could not go after him. So I traded for him and will have him for the next two years.

Comment

Working...
                X